Corsair Community

h100i V2 not detected

atom8

I can only seem to get my h100i v2 to get detected in an older version of corsair link, which in turn seems to break my lighting node pro and lighting strips.

When I update to Icue it shows both my k70 lux and the lighing node pro, but I can't get the AIO to appear. I can confirm it is showing up in device manager and USBDeview, but I am at a bit of a loss at to what to try from here?

Thanks for the help!

Have you tried restarting the Corsair Service?

Also, please review section B of the Liquid Cooler FAQ (linked below) and make sure that your cooler is powered correctly.

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm the AIO is powered via CPU header on the MOBO which is set to "Full On" in the bios. Tried restarting the Corsair Service but I appear to be getting an error prompt in the bottom left of Icue that it fails to restart.

Thanks again for your help!

In doing a bit more research I found my way to the Service_Error.log located in ProgramData. The only thing in the log is this sequence repeated:

2019-01-03 20:33:44.5879 | 19 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:44.5879 | 19 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Read was failed 5 time(s). Need to restart devices

2019-01-03 20:33:45.6176 | 20 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:46.6582 | 15 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:47.7950 | 9 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:48.8267 | 8 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:49.8394 | 20 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.

2019-01-03 20:33:49.8394 | 20 | DESKTOP-LQUJS0S | 3.10.0.20 | AsetekCoolerV2Device | Read was failed 5 time(s). Need to restart devices

Again from what I can see this appears to typically be a driver conflict between Icue and another app also attempting to access the AIO, but I'm not really sure what app that may be. I did have EVGA Precision XOC installed, though it wasnt running, but I just went ahead and uninstalled it as well as anything else I can see that may be causing trouble. After doing this I ran CCleaner, hard rebooted and reinstalled and Icue still only appears to detect my k70 and lighting node pro.

I double checked again, the h100iv2 is showing up in both device manager and usbdeview. Kind of at a loss as to what to attempt from here!

The error prompt happens but it usually restarts eventually.

And yes, it's typically a conflict ... do you have anything like HWInfo, AIDA, etc?

Another alternative is to remove the drivers and try a reinstall. Or force update the drivers from the iCUE Drivers folder.

The error prompt happens but it usually restarts eventually.

And yes, it's typically a conflict ... do you have anything like HWInfo, AIDA, etc?

Another alternative is to remove the drivers and try a reinstall. Or force update the drivers from the iCUE Drivers folder.

I actually had HWMonitor and Core Temp both installed, but neither should of been running. I went ahead and uninstalled those, Icue, uninstalled and deleted the USBXp driver from Device Manager. Ran CCleaner, restarted and reinstalled Icue. Same thing. Both k70 and lighting node pro both show but no AIO and the same sequence in the error log.:[pouts:

Check with USBDeView to make sure that it shows there (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html).

Also, even though you can't see pump speed, you can see the CPU_FAN speed, right? And that's where the pump is connected? Can you tell us the CPU_FAN speed reading?

It does show in USBDeview, went ahead and took a screenshot just in case there some details im not picking up on: Screenshot I also am able to see the cpufan spinning in bios, i think it was sitting at 1400rpm, but it does not show up anywhere that I can find in Icue itself. Not sure if you meant in icue or just in general.

You should be able to see CPU_FAN speed in the iCUE dashboard. But the BIOS should work too.

Based on USBDeView, it looks good. So it's odd that iCUE is still having issues connecting to it. Again, typically that's due to some kind of conflict but you've removed the stuff that could cause that.

Let's try a couple of other things:

1) In the BIOS, make sure that Fast Boot is disabled and XHCI Handoff is enabled.

2) In Windows, disable Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup).

Both of these have an impact on USB device initialization. So let's give that a shot. Did you also force update the driver using the drivers in iCUE's driver folder?

You should be able to see CPU_FAN speed in the iCUE dashboard. But the BIOS should work too.

Based on USBDeView, it looks good. So it's odd that iCUE is still having issues connecting to it. Again, typically that's due to some kind of conflict but you've removed the stuff that could cause that.

Let's try a couple of other things:

1) In the BIOS, make sure that Fast Boot is disabled and XHCI Handoff is enabled.

2) In Windows, disable Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup).

Both of these have an impact on USB device initialization. So let's give that a shot. Did you also force update the driver using the drivers in iCUE's driver folder?

I double checked, Fastboot is disabled, I did have to disable Fast Startup, but neither appear to have made a difference.

I did try to force the update through the folder but it tells me the best is already installed. I did go ahead and Uninstall/Delete, then reinstall using the icue folder, nothing. Still only see the keyboard/lighting node pro.

What happens if you disable and then enable the Corsair USBXp Driver and then restart the Corsair Service?

At this point, there's not much else that we can do for you here and you may need to do a support ticket. I'm not sure, though, that the problem is hardware but something going on with your system. It's certainly not widespread or we'd see it more on the forum.

What happens if you disable and then enable the Corsair USBXp Driver and then restart the Corsair Service?

At this point, there's not much else that we can do for you here and you may need to do a support ticket. I'm not sure, though, that the problem is hardware but something going on with your system. It's certainly not widespread or we'd see it more on the forum.

Yea I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious here, but something funky is definitely going on. I restarted the device and when I reopened iCue, the AIO was there. I don't think I had control of the fans(making changes didn't appear to have effect), I attempted to restart the Icue service but lost the AIO in the process and since then have not managed to get the AIO to reappear. Thanks again for the help!

• 2 years later...
For anyone else happening upon this post - the solution for me was to install the older version of iCUE currently available (3.38.61) instead of the newer version (4.11.274). Even though Corsair Link showed the AIO, the newer version of iCUE would not.