Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB unable to save hardware profile

CostaBunny

Hi

Just upgraded from an M65 Pro (non-RGB) to an M65 Pro RGB.

I am a bit confused as iCUE seems not to recognise this mouse as having hardware profiles. I only want it to save my static lighting and re-mapped keystrokes for the FWD,BKWD & SNIPER buttons.

Am I doing something wrong or does this 'upgraded' mouse not support the hardware profile ability of my old M65 Pro? the bumf on the product page says it supports saving directly to the mouse so you can take your settings with you.

latest iCUE, Win 10 Pro x64 latest release build.

There is an issue with saving hardware profiles in the current version of iCUE that affects multiple peripherals, including the M65 Pro. There are several on going threads and I don't know if someone has gone ahead and regressed to iCUE 3.09 (or CUE 2) to make the changes, then convert back. However, be aware you will never be able to utilize the sniper button without software. It is not a standard recognized key and needs software active for remapping.

There is an issue with saving hardware profiles in the current version of iCUE that affects multiple peripherals, including the M65 Pro. There are several on going threads and I don't know if someone has gone ahead and regressed to iCUE 3.09 (or CUE 2) to make the changes, then convert back. However, be aware you will never be able to utilize the sniper button without software. It is not a standard recognized key and needs software active for remapping.

Ok thanks

V3.9.93 Keeps my static lighting (lovely little victory as I need my purple lights) :)

but; it does not keep DPI or button assignments :(

V2.3.74 refuses to let me do anything with my mouse without downgrading its firmware to a 2.x version. I am loathed to do that, so I guess it's a case of waiting for Corsair to release a new iCUE and hope it fixes this annoyance.

so, having to run the iCUE software in the background for now. I know its not a huge draw on my system, but my Aspergers OCD means that its not ok for something not to work as designed and advertised!

V2.3.74 refuses to let me do anything with my mouse without downgrading its firmware to a 2.x version. I am loathed to do that, so I guess it's a case of waiting for Corsair to release a new iCUE and hope it fixes this annoyance.

Yes, I think that is the current state of affairs. I agree you should probably not downgrade the firmware for this express purpose. There is always some measure of risk in doing so and there are clearly some issues with this on the current platform. On a long term basis, if you don't have any other Corsair devices in your system, you might prefer to be on CUE 2 with its very low overhead. Obviously that is the obstacle mentioned above, but it might be worth it if this is important to you. I don't think you are going to be able to remap mouse keys from within iCUE or Link and that aspect save to the device. Other external programs that utilize them can reprogram the forward/back and middle click buttons, but you need the software for the universal reassignment.