Corsair Community

H60 leaking?

Nefertiti

That's not what exactly the consistency or color I would expect to see, however I would certainly take the block off, clean it, and find out for sure. If that is dripping, there is likely to be some oxidation around that area of the cold plate as well. Document what you find, take pictures of any affected components. If it is a leak, you will need to contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system to proceed.

Thank you for your answer. I thought the light yellow color was weird too. Would there be conductive paste between the heat sink and CPU? If the paste dripped I would have expected it to be a dark silver/graphite color. It doesn't appear to be recent as the drip areas seem dried up.

Most often yellow-ish liquid drops turn out to be fan bearing oil. Now, how in the world it would get into that exact spot is a rather mysterious and I don't think you should use that a the basis for any decision. The coolant is clear, but will usually leave behind salt traces in any place it has been. Regardless, there is plenty of evidence to merit taking it off and doing a really thorough inspection. Turn the cooler all about in your hands (especially the pump head) and see if you can get a drip. Before you start, get the ball rolling and contact Corsair support through the link provided above. If it turns out to be nothing or something, you can always add to the ticket.

• 4 months later...
Hi. Would someone be able to confirm if it looks like my son's H60 cooler is leaking? There are some drips between the heat sink and CPU as seen in the attached photo.

How did it went for you my friend? This just happened to me but the liquid seems to have reached the graphics card and the processor as well, my computer just turned off went to check inside and found that yellowish spill in the mother board, processor and graphics card.

What did you do to solve this issue? I''m wondering if corsair would take care of my components too, this is a very serious problem out there...

Please reply :)

How did it went for you my friend? This just happened to me but the liquid seems to have reached the graphics card and the processor as well, my computer just turned off went to check inside and found that yellowish spill in the mother board, processor and graphics card.

What did you do to solve this issue? I''m wondering if corsair would take care of my components too, this is a very serious problem out there...

Please reply :)

Hi Buddy.... Open a ticket with Corsair... give lots of photos and explain whats happened...