Corsair Community

570X v2 Fan Set Up

Anthonyc813

Hellos,

** I read the sticky thread**

I asked the LTT forums but got no real help... so I am going to post here. Fan set up and placement Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Hellos and Happy NY!

still planning out my new Corsair 570X (Type C front IO) and searching the internet for ideas.

The top has a dust filter. I have always used the top as an exhaust. WIth a top mounted 240/280 can I use the top as an intake? 2 top and 3 front intakes while the rear and PSU as an exhaust? will that work as shown below? Can the 120mm rear handle the heat from GPU and air from top and front?

Plan is LL120s in front and rear with two LL140s up top- if I can fit it. Otherwise LL120s all around.

Plan is to have the top mount rad as pull config so I can enjoy the LL fans unobstructed.. (fig 2)

image.png.6c48d0f8b5298b46503dba127e9e0165.png

image.png.1a13c8fd86692b24e7a94264d5af286f.png

Thanks in advance!

If you go with a 240mm radiator, you can mount it up top, although in that position I would certainly prefer exhaust. If you go 280mm, you must front mount it. It is too wide for most motherboards/RAM combination. Most people with the 460/570X series wind up going for the 240/360mm radiator and front mounting it as intake. This leaves the option of top top exhaust or intake (and thus the filter). People do it both ways and I'll leave that debate for those that own the case. The CPU you need to cool and the GPU putting out the heat in back may have some bearing on the decision.