Corsair Community

Dark Core Gaming Mouse Programmable Buttons?

BuzWeaver

It took me 25 minutes to figure out how to re-program my DPI Up to Right Ctrl, which I use for Discord. There weren't any instructions in the box, nor did I find any detailed outline online (or here in the forums). There was no manual outside of the basic outline of the mouse.

I did find a YouTube Video that showed a very simplified and more user-friendly version of the software, but the latest version of the software 3.10.125 wasn't very friendly AT ALL.

The mouse itself seems to work fine. It will take a little getting used to from the G502.

It took me 25 minutes to figure out how to re-program my DPI Up to Right Ctrl, which I use for Discord. There weren't any instructions in the box, nor did I find any detailed outline online (or here in the forums). There was no manual outside of the basic outline of the mouse.

I did find a YouTube Video that showed a very simplified and more user-friendly version of the software, but the latest version of the software 3.10.125 wasn't very friendly AT ALL.

The mouse itself seems to work fine. It will take a little getting used to from the G502.

A few things first:

Open ICUE and make a few profiles and name them (ie "Rain (Low DPI)" and "Wave (High DPI)" would be the names for example).

All profiles share common hardware selection options. For example, you might create two DPI configurations under the darkcore/dpi field, name the two DPI configurations something appropriate like "high dpi" and "low dpi". From this point, select a profile ("Rain (Low DPI)" in my example) and designate it with a "low dpi" configuration option from the darkcore/dpi field. Then, switch to the other profile, "Wave (High DPI)", and make it reflect "high dpi" from the same darkcore/dpi field. Now you should have two profiles and each has its own DPI setting.

The same applies for lighting effects, macro actions and more. You can even "save to library" and "add from library" to make multiple profiles quickly.

On your darkcore mouse, the button below the scroll wheel is pre-assigned as the profile switch button. If you changed this, make sure you designate another key of your choosing to switch profiles. For example, instead of the darkcore default button, I use the profile switch button on my k95 keyboard.

Please let me know if you need further instruction or have any other concerns. I am also a new user of ICUE and would enjoy helping you. Enjoy!

-Amir ::pirate::

Please let me know if you need further instruction or have any other concerns. I am also a new user of ICUE and would enjoy helping you. Enjoy!

-Amir ::pirate::

Thanks for responding Amir. I kind of sort of figured it out. I didn't create an actual profile (at least not that I was aware of). Here is what my setup looks like.

ajzjTM.jpg

Archived