Corsair Community

H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

DxTrEm3Fx

The 2x140 is plenty of airflow at moderate speed for almost all processors, including high overclock 6-8 core models. However, if you have the space and think it's worth pursuing to decrease temps by 1C or knock 100-200 rpm off your current levels with no loss, then you can set it up that way. Some people with their radiator set as front intake also prefer to have push-pull to keep an elevated level of intake air, regardless if it has any cooling benefit for the radiator.

Hello c-attack,

Thank you for the information that will help. I have a I7-4770k which runs hot at idle and even worse when I play a game. I've actually just delidded my cpu and dumped my old H100. So I will run my new set up with just the two fans and see what kind of temps im getting.

OK, most of your heat on the 4770 is going to pin side and there is not much you can do with that until it is conducted into the cooler. Your coolant temp delta with the H115i Plat. are going to be small, probably +4-5C on 100% CPU test. That means you can't reduce the CPU temps by much more than you can with 2 fans, but it does offer some quality of life benefits, like being able to keep the fans really low without a temp increase or the previously mentioned stuffing more air into the case. On a 280mm, I tend to default to visual aesthetics. It would be really top heavy in my system, so I don't bother and my typical coolant delta is only +4C on a delidded 8700K, so not worth it regardless.

Hello c-attack,

I'm not sure you can help with this. I have my system up and running now. I went with the 2 fans only on my cooler. The issue I have now is the LED's on the water block are not working. They show that they are working in the ICUE software but the are not working. Everything in plugin, I have doubled checked. but no LED's. I have a attached a short video.

http://dxfxhouse.com/movie/led.mp4

Edited by DxTrEm3Fx