Corsair Community

iCUE wallpaper constantly overriding Wallpaper Engine?

socalfusions

I currently use Steam's Wallpaper Engine software to use backgrounds for my computer, for some reason Corsair's iCUE wallpaper constantly forces itself onto my background which is very frustrating. I've already disabled the iCUE option in the Wallpaper Engines settings but it still appears, how do I stop this from happening?

never seen this happen but i seem to recall something about it going back to the last profile that was running? is it crashing when you close it?

Are you referring to wallpaper engine or corsair icue software crashing? I currently just reselect the wallpaper engine wallpaper again which overrides the icue wallpaper but then, usually within hours or a computer wake up, the icue software magically reappears again. Wallpaper engine doesn't crash and I keep it running at all times usually.

hmm sorry i dont know i usually dont keep it on a long time. I just ran it and had icue enabled running and switched and maybe i will leave it on for a bit and see what happens after a lock state or some time

EDIT: after some locks and a bit, it does not seem to be jumping back for me, seems to be working right on my end. You said you disabled the icue integration in the wallpaper engine options first?

Edited by hastegag
update

hmm sorry i dont know i usually dont keep it on a long time. I just ran it and had icue enabled running and switched and maybe i will leave it on for a bit and see what happens after a lock state or some time

EDIT: after some locks and a bit, it does not seem to be jumping back for me, seems to be working right on my end. You said you disabled the icue integration in the wallpaper engine options first?

Correct, that was the first thing I disabled, I also tried to close the Corsair Utility Engine down completely but am not sure if that has any influence on the situation.