Corsair Community

H150i Default Curves Details hidden

Fettality

Hey guys, i forgot something:

how can i see the details of the three default curves for the h150i in icue? i can chose between quiet, balanced and extreme, but i cant see how these are different from another.

I think at some point in the past i was able to see the detailed curves, because i created custom curves based on the h150i liquid sensor, matching the default curves of the h150i fans and pump, for my case fans, which are connected to a commander pro.

Only for the selfmade curves i am able to see which rpm they will have at a certain temp.

cheers

In the Performance Tab for the H150i, use the + symbol to create a new "cooling mode". This is the method for creating yoru own curve. There are three "shape tools" above the graph in the upper right hand corner. Presumably, these are the base data points for the three presets and if you hover over them they will reveal themselves. That said, there is nothing magical about those data points and the way this type of cooling works is as measure of your coolant temp increase compared to the baseline starting point. This means your room temperature is extremely important in the usefulness of the presets or when trying to make your own curve. Have a nice 20C climate controlled room? The presets will likely work just just. But if it's Summer time and your room drifts into the 27-28C range with air conditioning, the fans will be blasting from the start without purpose. No matter how hard you try, you can't reduce coolant temp below the case ambient temperature.

The normal coolant rise for a 7700K on the H150i is going to be +4-6C for a CPU only load. That's not much, but it also means there is no reason to blast the fans. The entire purpose of having a 360mm cooler is you don't need to run high fan speeds to keep temps in check. Regardless, I recommend you make your own curves, although there is nothing wrong with using the presets as a base template.

thank you for the answer! im running quiet while browsing and doing office stuff and while gaming i have all 9 fans in the case run on 1000rpm fix. when cpu load is at max in longer gaming sessions im not running higher temps than 65 ° C, i have it overclocked to 4,8GHZ on 1,3V.

the Hydro is really a very good cooler from what i know. friends recommended it to me over other coolers and it was my entry piece of gear for corsair stuff.

Archived