Corsair Community

Connecting 9 LL120's

RGBisaPITA

I am attempting to build my first PC here so I apologize for the lack of knowledge. I am trying to use 3 packages of the LL120 3-packs in my build, but am not sure how I am going to get all 9 fans to talk to each other for RGB effects AND fan control. I have the Aorus Xtreme Z390 motherboard which includes the Aorus RGB Fan Commander, for 8 fans. My plan was to link 6 fans using one channel of the lighting node pro, then the three fans for my H150i using the other channel, and plugging the 8 fan cables into the Aorus RGB Fan Controller, to give me fan control. It seems to me I will still have one fan without Control. Has my thinking going off the rails with this? Can I simply connect my RGB into the lighting node pros, and only use the fan cable for the Fan Commander? If I have to run both through the Fan Commander, is there another place on my motherboard I can directly hook my 9th fan into? Im a bit frazzled on this one. If any more info is needed please let me know.

My plan was to link 6 fans using one channel of the lighting node pro, then the three fans for my H150i using the other channel, and plugging the 8 fan cables into the Aorus RGB Fan Controller, to give me fan control. It seems to me I will still have one fan without Control.

Yes, that is correct. 2 wires on each fan, one for lighting and one for fan motor power/speed control. The 6 + 3 on two RGB Lighting Hubs is fine (you will have one left over as a spare). The fan power is covered as well. The H150i has it's own fan controller (that you should use) so that reduces the number of case fans in need of control to 6. Those you will be able to cover that with the Aorus controller, although I am not familiar with it so I can't give any more feedback to its use. All it needs to be able to do is handle a PWM fan, so there should not be an issue. The only thing to watch out for is total current on the Aorus. 6 x LL (0.30A) will be 1.80A on fan controller, but surely the Aorus model is SATA powered and that should handle it with room to spare. Although, that may be one thing to plan for. You will need a lot of SATA PSU connectors. One for each RGB hub, 1 for the Lighting Node Pro, surely 1 for the Aorus fan controller, 1 for the H150i, plus all the normal stuff like SSD/HDDs.