Corsair Community

H100i Pro RGB - Trim Removal

VWA4

It should be, but to be honest I have not even contemplated this since it has been such a reliable cooler. However, some people just like taking things apart. See if you can find a “tear down” video of any of the H150/115/100i Pro models. Obviously your forfeiting the warranty with this, but I suspect that is not a concern.

This guy loves to tear things apart! Actually, I find these videos quite informative generally, however what you're looking for is around the 6 min mark. I cannot tell if you must remove the cold plate to access the cap retaining screws. If it were me and removing the cold plate was required, I was stop right there and do a very careful tape and paint job instead. Taking the cold plate off is extremely frustrating and I swear those screws were designed to removed and never put back in. It is very easy to deform the screws trying to get them out. I don't know what kind of paint you wanted to work with, but if you don't have to dip it, that would be a massive advantage. It is also unclear if the silver-grey plastic separates from the clear LED ring.

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by c-attack

With the help of the video above I was able to remove the trim piece with a little effort (needed a TR6 to remove the backing screws). A few coats of white with a clear over the type. Waiting for it to completely dry before clean up a bit of the edges. A before and after...

Cooler.thumb.jpg.ac704ce23b9500103ce82c26ae02666c.jpg

It is pretty easy... Took about 5 minutes to get the unit apart then spent most of the time masking and sanding the plastic. A few passes with the spray and just let it dry. Since I had the spray paint out I painted a few other pieces for the build.

Good luck and let's see how it turns out!

-Jason

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
With the help of the video above I was able to remove the trim piece with a little effort (needed a TR6 to remove the backing screws). A few coats of white with a clear over the type. Waiting for it to completely dry before clean up a bit of the edges. A before and after...

Hi there, were you able to remove the cover without leak hte liquid or open anything?

My H100 Pro XT LED usb in the AIO cover sunk in while i was connecting the cable to it, i trully believe its just fix the small controller board that may have moved out of place.

This is still in warranty, buy the retailer wants me to mail the entire block and ill have to wait 4-6 weeks without a cooling unit, for a problem that might be real simple to solve.

Can you or anyone here give me a hand?

• Corsair Employees
Hi there, were you able to remove the cover without leak hte liquid or open anything?

My H100 Pro XT LED usb in the AIO cover sunk in while i was connecting the cable to it, i trully believe its just fix the small controller board that may have moved out of place.

This is still in warranty, buy the retailer wants me to mail the entire block and ill have to wait 4-6 weeks without a cooling unit, for a problem that might be real simple to solve.

Can you or anyone here give me a hand?

I would recommend you to contact our support, they might be able to help you out faster than the retailer.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new