Corsair Community

H150i custom pump speed

Shrew

I'd prefer my build to be more quiet at idle, but setting the pump speed to the "Quiet" preset results in a very significant difference in CPU temps under load. "Balanced" seems to be the sweet spot but unfortunately the pump is clearly audible at idle.

Is there a way to set a speed curve for the pump? Or even have the pump switch between the preset speeds at set temperatures?

It seems like a pretty basic feature

I have yet so see any aoi in any software that has variable pump speeds in the way you want.. the pump speeds are designed and set by the companies that design the pumps which is generally Coollit or Asetek

Or even have the pump switch between the preset speeds at set temperatures?

now that's a good idea and indeed worth suggesting. not sure on the technicalities of that being implemented through software as i am not a Dev.. but i can certainly suggested it to those that may know :)

I have yet so see any aoi in any software that has variable pump speeds in the way you want.. the pump speeds are designed and set by the companies that design the pumps which is generally Coollit or Asetek

Not necessarily complete control over fan speeds, but being stuck at one speed definitely isn't ideal. The pump speed on my previous cooler was able to be controlled via a 4-pin header on the motherboard.

now that's a good idea and indeed worth suggesting. not sure on the technicalities of that being implemented through software as i am not a Dev.. but i can certainly suggested it to those that may know :)

That would be excellent, cheers.

If you have a Corsair keyboard or mouse, one solution is to duplicate your existing profile/lighting scheme with a change to the pump speed. You then put both profiles in a group and assign a profile switch key. That would allow you to toggle back and forth at the press of a button. However, without the keyboard or mouse you will need to open iCUE to change the profile or change the pump speed. It is only two clicks more and perhaps not worth the trouble of creating a duplicate profile.