Corsair Community

Best AIO for i9 9900 running all day at 5GHz

mmfish

Not much experience with that CPU but, from everything that I've heard, it tends to run hot. So you'd want at least a 280mm, perhaps the 360mm. A 240 would likely handle it but it'd struggle.

I'm running the H115i Platinum on a Threadripper 2950X, which is even warmer than the 9900K, and it handles the job well.

From what I can see, it looks like the front would be the best place to mount this. You could also fit the H150i PRO in the front as well ... the choice between the two would be one of your preferred aesthetics - the performance should be very similar.

I've pinged Zotty to confirm as he has this case but I believe he's sleeping now so it may be a while before he responds.

Hi bud... as mentioned.. H150i would be worth the look as it fits in the front of the 570x just nice... yes you can get the h115 in the 570x but it will only fit in the front of the case. you would have ram/VRM clearance issues up top

would mount something like this

Corsair_Crystal_570X_RGB_view_mounting_1.jpg

If you buy the dinosaur cpu from Intel perhaps a big modern case would be worth it?

It depends a bit what kind of airflow you want. If going for the optimal airflow pushing cold air through radiator into case you would like 2-3 fans in bottom of the case fighting this air.