Corsair Community

Too much positive pressure hinder radiator as intake?

Henmen

My case has two filtered 140mm fans on the top as intakes, and on the front I have a corsair h115i set as an intake as well (two more 140mm fans intake) and only a single 120mm fan at the back as exhaust. Will having such a high positive pressure ratio hurt my radiator in the front from taking in as much air as it should?

I have a x79 3960x i've heard they like having intakes up top to cool vrm and also since the top is filtered i figured why not.

my case is a corsair 400C (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139072)

thanks!

Yes, the single 120mm exhaust is the limitation on your total case air exchange. You only can pressurize the internal case so much, although some air will leave through the venting. A quick placement of your hand behind the ventilation holes should show the stark difference between a 120/140mm fan moving air and passive exhaust. Still, none of that will prevent the cooler fans from functioning. Unless your case temps are poor, there’s no need to overthink this or blast the top intake fans.