Set up:

h100i pro- connected to commander pro USB header 1

2x lighting hubs, 1x lighting node pro

4x SP120 in push/pull on rad

2x SP fans connected to cpu cooler

2x SP fans connected

4x LL120

4x RGB LED strips

All LL fans are powered by the com-pro, connected to their own lighting up.

2 SP fans powered by com-pro and the other 2 by the cpu pump

All of the LL fans and LED's are working fine and i can control them, so no issues there.. Problem I'm having is two of the SP fans connected to the h100i pump are constantly running at highest rpm no matter the temperature, and changing the RPM in iCue does nothing, can't even tell if it's changing the pump speed. I can control the other two that are powered by the com-pro..

CPU temps are fine, air flow is great, but daaaamn is it loud! I turned off all other other fans and it's only the SP fans connected to the h100i that are really loud.

On top of that, the LEDs on the SP fans have a mind of their own.. Slowly flicker on and off on static color, and go insane when set to rainbow.

I hope that makes sense :P .. First time doing an RGB build like this so I'm no expert.

Well, that cooler cannot control the SP-RGB fans. They are DC-controlled fans and the coolers only support PWM fans. So that's why they run at full speed all the time - they are getting the full 12V all the time.

You have a total of 8 SP-RGB fans? And 2 hubs ... so SP-RGB fans on the same channel as LL fans? That won't work - the LL fans have a completely different control protocol from the SP fans.

Well, that cooler cannot control the SP-RGB fans. They are DC-controlled fans and the coolers only support PWM fans. So that's why they run at full speed all the time - they are getting the full 12V all the time.

You have a total of 8 SP-RGB fans? And 2 hubs ... so SP-RGB fans on the same channel as LL fans? That won't work - the LL fans have a completely different control protocol from the SP fans.

Sorry, long day. Brain isn't fully with it.. I have 4 SP120's, all plugged into they're own up, and 4 LL120's in their own as well.

Figured i'd connect two of the LL's directly to the mobo, then the two SP fans that were giving me trouble into the commander pro.. Seems to have done the trick. Still pretty loud though

LOL ... yeah. That happens.

So ... any reason why you can't use the LL fans with the cooler? They are PWM fans and can be controlled from that cooler. The SP-RGB fans are a definite no-go tho.

As for the SP flicker ... can you confirm that the lighting channel is set up correctly? What happens if you configure the channel for 5 SP-RGB fans (rather than 4)?