Corsair Community

Need Help with a compatible Mobo

spoon

Hi all,

I Recently purchased a matched pair of 3200LLPT's and a new P4 3.2Ghz s478 CPU. I bought a new motherboard, an Aopen MX4SGI-N as this is a Dual Channel motherboard that seemed to matched the spec for the hardware i purchased. Problem is that it wasn't and now i can't seem to find an S478 Dual Channel motherboard that has been recommended. I assumed that the ram would be compatible in any dual channel motherboard that could take DDR400. I am abit worried about buying another Motherboard until i am sure i have the correct one, anyone have any idea's or could point me in the right direction. Are there other motherboards not listed in the system compatibility check that will run with my hardware i mention? I would appreciate any help on this, thanks :laughing:

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry as I cannot really suggest one MB maker over another. It just causes a conflict of interest for me. But I would suggest you look your modules up on the link in my signature (What are the Correct timings for my modules?) and see what MB or MB's we use to test these modules.

I just looked through your ram listings in that link and none of them are for the ram i have stated. There must be a MB I can use it for, it's not being used correctly atm because it doesn't work with either pentium boards i have bought so far. I just do not want to buy another board unless I know what ones work and what ones do not, seems alittle pointless.

• Corsair Employee

Testing parameters for XMS3200LL:

Motherboard make and model: Asus A7N8X, and/or Abit KD7, and/or Asus P4C800/-E and/or DFI INFINITY I865/I875 and/or ABIT IC7 Max3.

All settings by MB default resulting in:

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Testing parameters for TWINX3200LL:

Motherboard make and model: Asus A7N8X, and/or Abit KD7, and/or Asus P4C800/-E and/or DFI INFINITY I865/I875 and/or ABIT IC7 Max3.

Each pair is tested together using SPD values with default settings resulting in:

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Archived