Corsair Community

CORSAIR memory problem

system ran great with old pc2700 ddr but when I installed 2 corsair xms3200 512mb 400mhz cl2(cmx512 3200c2pro xms3202v4.1) with LED's.

my system hangs for along time just before it displays memory post. sometimes it boots and does not count the memory it just skips it..but it displays memory settings 3 3 8 3 when this happens i have no mouse control. (usb) when I reboot all seems ok...

all memory settings in bios set to autodetect

k8n msi neo mobo amd64 3200 (2.2 ghz)

xp professional

flashed bios to newest firmware

hopefull someone has a workaround for prob thank you. :[pouts:

• Corsair Employee

Please load setup defaults in the bios and then set the Dim Voltage to +2.7x Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if you do get errros, please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

I ran memtest on both chips separately and all seems ok. I am using the settings given to me in this thread. it does not hang at boot anymore but every now and then the mouse will not work. strange..I think it may be a mobo prob and maybe compatibilty with this memory. I may upgrade to a msi nforce 4 board dual channel and get new CPU(3500 939) maybe after that my probs may disappear. I would like to thank everyone for thier input.

Archived