Corsair Community

Unstable K8N NEO2 Platinum with Cosair TWINX1024 3200C2PT

I am having seroius stability issues with this configuration. When I set the timings exactly as specified on this forum, it becomes very unstable.

My config is as follows.

MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (winchester)

Cosair TWINX1024 3200C2PT

Spec Timings 2.5-3-3-6 (DDR 400) 1t

by SPD 3,3,8,5 (DDR 400) 1t

In both memory settings above = very unstable!

Video

BFG OC 6800 Ultra 256MB (AGP)

Antec 480W PWSP (new)

The only way I can have a stable system is to slow the memory down to DDR333 and 2t.

I have tried increasing the voltage to 2.75 (default 2.7) and it still hangs and BSODs but not as often.

Could I have a bad module? Please help?

• 2 weeks later...

I ran memtest on each module individually and then as a pair, and all tests resulted in 0 errors.

With this in mind, I would assume that the CPU and the Memory are fine, except for one issue.

I downloaded nTune and tried to run the performance test/auto tune for best system performance and it cannot complete the process. The process fails consistanty when it reaches "Testing Memory Timings". When it gets to this portion of the process the system has a hard lock. No recovery except for reset or power off.

If you believe that the memory is good based on the memtest results, what do you think I should try next? Is there a possibilty I could still be dealing with a bad memory module?

Thx.

Maybe, but I would test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. If you still get the same results with both modules testing them one at a time I would maybe try another CPU in your system.

Archived