Corsair Community

Bad Module: XMS 3200

Maxim

Hello

First, i come from Germany and my English isn´t good so i´m sorry for bad grammar.

I have 512 MByte TwinX Matches Memory Pair.

XMS3200, 2x256MB, CMX256A-3200LL

also on the Label:XMS3205v 1.2, 0326062

I tested the two modules in many many different system´s (5) and they did not work in any of them. Also i tested with many different bios settings from low to hard performance.

Allways aftre booting hen normaly win is starting the computer is rebooting or show a bluescreen.

The memory pair was bought in january 2004.

I read the "I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?" and i need a Post ID, thats why i write my problem down here.

thx 4 help

maxim

• Corsair Employee

Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. If you do get errors then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Bitte versuchen Sie und stellen Sie die schwache Spannung auf 2.75 Volt ein und prüfen Sie dann die Module, die mit http://www.memtest.org einzeln sind. Wenn Sie erhalten, folgen Störungen dann zu gefallen der Verbindung in meiner Unterschrift, ", das ich denke, daß ich habe ein schlechtes zerteile!", und wir sind glücklich, sie oder sie zu ersetzen!

Hi

Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

I already test it with metest. And that´s the problem. It´s memstable but win or any other applikation does not work also. (on 4 systems a64, P4,2x Athlon XP)

If you do get errors then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I had sent a RMA Form after posting this thread,

I read the "I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?" and i need a Post ID, thats why i write my problem down here.

but i did not get a answer.

thx

Maxim

Will the modules pass memtest? If yes what is the errors you are getting and what are the settings you have set in your bios for CPU and memory?

Yes, the modules pass memtest (1,26+) without errors . I tested the memory with this settings: SPD: 2/3/2/6, manuell: 2,5/3/3/6, 3/4/4/ 8, 3/6/6/12. CPU Speed on every System was set by default for the test.

The error is very simple. I can do nothing. Win isn´t starting. For a half second i see a flickering Bluescreen and then the computer reboot.

These tests were done with new windows, old winodws, new drivers, old drivers so often that i be shure it is a memory error because with other modules i didn´t have problems.

thx

maxim

• Corsair Employee

If you are not getting any errors in memtest but have this problem, I would install the other modules and see if the system will load windows.

Also I would maybe try a fresh install of windows on this system. And the HDD you have windows installed on was installed on this MB correct?

Hi RAM Guy,

please note: I test the Modules in 4 systems. HDD´s and all was installed correct. Yes ;)

These tests were done with new windows, old winodws, new drivers, old drivers so often that i be shure it is a memory error because with other modules i didn´t have problems.

I swear i try every configuration and constellation.

Maybee i forget to saya n importat thing. The 2 Modules never work. They lie in the box from the day when they bought. Don´t Ask why... . Now i read that corsair give´s a live time warranty. So i try it here.

PS: is it possible to talk with anyone who speaks german? maybe on telefon o.a. ?

thx

maxim

• Corsair Employee
PS: is it possible to talk with anyone who speaks german? maybe on telefon o.a. ?

Yes, please talk to your reseller and see if they will help you get them replaced. And what is the exact part# of the modules that will not work?

If the reseller will not or cannot help you then, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

hi

i will try it but i think they also send it back to you you send it back to them and so on so i try it here at first

the #part? is it in my first post maybe?

I have 512 MByte TwinX Matches Memory Pair.

XMS3200, 2x256MB, CMX256A-3200LL

also on the Label:XMS3205v 1.2, 0326062

• Corsair Employee

If your reseller will not help you then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Wenn Ihr Reseller nicht hilft, gefallen Sie dann folgen der Verbindung in meiner Unterschrift, ", das ich denke, daß ich ein schlechtes habe zu zerteilen!", und wir sind glücklich, zu ersetzen sie oder es!

Archived