Corsair Community

part # CMX512-3200C2PT

JohnLumley

Dear Corsair:

I am running two of these sticks in a P4 2.6 system.

When both sticks are installed (either in single or dual channel configuration) the OS will eventually crash and I get the nasty blue screen.

When stick "A" is installed all by itself in any of the 4 slots... my system runs perfect without any problems.

When stick "B" is installed all by itself in any of the 4 slots... I start having weird problems... programs crashing and shutting down etc.

I am pretty sure I have a bad stick. I purchased these new from NewEgg.com. I tried to RMA and they refused because it’s been more than a year. (I have receipt from New Egg)

I would like to RMA to Corsair for testing and a new stick.

Sincerely,

John L

Personal Info removed for your protection.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Soyo SY-P4I875P DRAGON 2 (platinum Edition) Mother board

P4 2.6 Processor

800 Mhz FSB

I do not know how to answer the remaining questions.

Dear Corsair:

Downloaded MemTest86 v1.51 to a floppy and then booted my machine from floppy. Ran MemTest several times on each stick individually. Man those sticks get very warm after those tests.

Stick "A" had no errors after 20 test cycles.

Stick "B" had thousands of errors (red screen) after just one test cycle.

John Lumley

Archived