Corsair Community

Need help with water cooling advice.

SomeoneNamedBob

Hi has anyone made a 3 Rad setup in a 1000D my goal is to run 2 pumps. one pump will chill the processor, and the other will water cool 2 graphic cards. The gpu will run through the front mounted twin rads. and the cpu will run through the top rad. i am shopping at EKWB. if you have any advice with the fitting i should get IE 90 degree bend fitting 45 degree 2x 45 degree, ect.

Pump

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-rgb-pwm-incl-sl-pump

Water block

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-velocity-rgb-nickel-plexi

fitting

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-16mm-black-6-pack

gpu water block

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-rtx-2080-ti-rgb-nickel-plexi

If anyone has any experience with a build like this please chime in. or if you could help find me some pics that would be great.

There is a build log for some 1000D systems here.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

However, those types of tubing questions are always rather unique to how you want to the routing and whether you are using hard or soft tubes. There is also something of an aesthetic question. I sometimes use 45 deg bends where they can't be seen, but often I am mirroring some physical aspect of the case or construction and those tend to be right angles. That may or may not have any meaning for you.

I have that pump. It has been steady and reliable, however it was a bit louder than I was expecting. Even with a dampened floating mount, I definitely hear it at 3000 rpm. That is not a recommendation against it and I suspect other branded D5s will be similar. I don't see any real hardware issues and most of what your looking for needs to be answered by someone with a 1000D.

Two options:

1) Buy now:

-Barrow Fittings

-XSPC CPU block

-GPU block of your choice (maybe a pre-mounted solution)

-D5 Pump and res of your choice

-Lots of people like the HW Labs rads, though they cheat by being a little wider, so if mounting rads side by side make sure clearances are okay.

-Use Corsair fans, Quality and iCUE

2) Buy Later:

Wait for Corsair to launch their products. They apparently hired the two best guys from EKWB, from a couple sources in the water cooling community. It will also be controlled iCUE!

EKWB has the crown for marketing and all new people including myself at one time drooled at their site. The only EK part I have in my case is the GPU block, which came pre-mounted to my MSI EK WB Seahawk.

Edited by solarity

Ha ha. I like HW Labs rads. It the low restriction is a good fit for my low speed dual 280mm system. With dual 420/480 or whatever you are putting on the front, surface area is not going to be an issue. Lots to pick from. Edited by c-attack
Made the above response less god-like

Ha ha. I like HW Labs rads. It the low restriction is a god fit for my low speed dual 280mm system. With dual 420/480 or whatever you are putting on the front, surface area is not going to be an issue. Lots to pick from.

They are well liked, great price to performance. He has the realestate to do a lot. Lots of room for a low FPI rad. The 16FPI perform well throughout the RPM ranges. The lower fin density rads will out perform it at lower RPMs. The high density rads are only good for fast fan speeds. He can also do dual fans, though there is deminishing returns. The way to look at it is higher static pressure at lower noise than a single fan. Plethora of options for the 1000D.

Edited by solarity

• 2 weeks later...
but will they all fit if i am using ll series fans in push pull?

My advice is to look at the examples for the config you want, on the case you have / have decided on.

120 fans are pretty similar in depth/height, If you feel adventurous, and don't mind breaking a $30 fan. you can cut the casing of the fan to allow cables to pass through if desperate. (it's been done before)

That said, find an example. Having a radiator alongside drive bays can be an issue. Push/Pull does not need identical fans, ideally the side with the most constriction has Static Pressure to reduce the noise of pushing/pulling air, but also increase flow in tight spaces and poor ducting/airflow.

If you don't need RGB on both sides of the radiator, perhaps use a 200mm fan to pull air across a wider CFM.

Ideally, pull the air from the front, and exhaust through the rear/top, but you can reverse this. radiators work best if they are pulling in cold air, or fresh air, or working with positive pressure, i.e. multi-intake, large exhaust.

• 5 months later...
Two options:

1) Buy now:

-Barrow Fittings

-XSPC CPU block

-GPU block of your choice (maybe a pre-mounted solution)

-D5 Pump and res of your choice

-Lots of people like the HW Labs rads, though they cheat by being a little wider, so if mounting rads side by side make sure clearances are okay.

-Use Corsair fans, Quality and iCUE

2) Buy Later:

Wait for Corsair to launch their products. They apparently hired the two best guys from EKWB, from a couple sources in the water cooling community. It will also be controlled iCUE!

EKWB has the crown for marketing and all new people including myself at one time drooled at their site. The only EK part I have in my case is the GPU block, which came pre-mounted to my MSI EK WB Seahawk.

do you know corsair launch its product or not? Can you provide us its link?

do you know corsair launch its product or not? Can you provide us its link?

No, there has not been a Hydro X release date announced yet. However, Corsair typically doesn't do a lot of advance preview. One day it's just there on the front page.