Corsair Community

My memory had errors in memtest+

Kbombers45

I bought my memory on july 6 2004 and i was wondering if i would be able to switch the memory with corsair and get it replaced with memory that does not have errors i still have my original reciepts. I found about 80 errors in memory test after running it for 3 hours.

That may sound weird but that's not a high number of errors. I saw once something like 22000 errors in Memtest after 30 seconds but that was once with memory that had a burned corner so ;): . 80 errors for 3 hours may suggest something else, BUT before we start anything we will need :

1- complete memory name

2- cpu model & speed

3- motherboard make & model

Every other info you can provide will be helpful to us.

Afterwards we will ask info about your bios settings so be prepared :eek:

:):

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets be sure one is not fialing. In addition, I would check with HP's web site and see if they have a new bios and if so please update the bios and see if that solves the problem as well.

k i will do the mem tests but when i reply to my thread will you see it if i reply tomorrow

• Corsair Employee
Well I should, but there are more than one of us here. So just in case if you still get errors with one module then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived