Jump to content
Corsair Community

Problems with RMA'ing in UK


Recommended Posts

Hi there,


I really don't know if you can help here, but I bought a set of Corsair Platinum TwinX 1024MB DDR XMS3200LLCAS2 back in October 03. Great memory, but I have been running on one stick now since Oct 04 because my machine just won't boot with the other stick. Sys specs:



Athlon64 3200+

Radeon 9800Pro

Audigy2 ZS

Other stuff, like HD's DVD, etc


Anyway, even though the memory has a lifetime warranty, I can't automatically generate a RMA form through the tekheads (where I bought it) website. A number of emails, very sporadic admittedly, from me and I haven't got much closer. They don't have a telephone number for me to chase them.


So I am stuck with 512mb when I really want (and need.... use Illustrator a lot for my work) the 1gig I payed for.


Any advice on how to proceed? Or if not, could you recommend the type of memory I could purchase that would work with the one stick of memory I already have? 1.5 gig would probably make me more happy than RMA'ing and just getting the single gig back anyway ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

I would suggest you get both modules replaced and request that from our customer service.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Ram Guy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the prompt reply.


I don't suppose there is a UK based address I could send it to? Taking into account the time it will take for the package to get from here to the US (about a week), time for testing (week?) and then to get back to me (another week or so), it means I'll be without a PC for somewhere in the region of a month. I really can't afford that, as I have a side-business of graphic design where I need it. Add onto that the cost of sending it registered to the US and it becomes a pricey proposition.


That being the case, it would be more cost-efficient for me to throw the memory away and buy new. Though I would hate to do that (as it originally cost me c$450), it may be the best option.


Please advise if there is a UK address. I fully understand you are a US company and the problem really is at my end and the unprofessionalism of the company I bought it from. Therefore, if you can't help me as a company directly, there will be no hard feelings and I'll still continue to buy Corsair ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to let you know where I got to. Just before I was about to call, I received a RMA number from Tekheads (in the UK) via email. So I thought "wow, maybe they read these boards" ;)


Anyway, I sent the memory back and I have since received 3 emails telling me that the memory I have ordered is out of stock and discontinued (obviously, they tested it and decided that it was indeed bad, then placing a new order for me) and would I like to order different memory.


Of course, doing so would ensure that the replacement order is cancelled and I would have to pay full price for any new memory I placed in the order basket. Still, I'm sure that if I persevere with replying to the various emails, I'll get there in the end.


Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would really need to talk to your reseller about that. We have nothing to do with this reseller and their orders other than they may purchase memory from us.


Don't worry, I fully realise that. It just amused me that, almost moments after I made my post here, I was given a RMA number to return the item to the reseller :)


Anyway, after a number of emails today, they have informed me they are sending the memory back to their supplier and will get me a replacement sometime in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Got a set of TwinX XLPT through the post yesterday as a replacement. Of course, there were a few more stumbling blocks along the way, but with a bit of perseverence and over a dozen emails from me, all is now good.


Just an update and to say thanks for your earlier advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...