Corsair Community

Memory modules not working together

ShadowSnipR

I just got a new MB Asus 8KN, put everything together and now my memory memory modules will not work together. I have 2 CMX256A-3200C2PT XMS 3202V1.1 0301008 and 1 CMX512-3200PRO XMS3202V4.1 0436131-4. The 2 sticks of 256 will boot fine but when I put the 512 the computer will not post. The 512 will boot fine as well without the 2 256. They will not all work together though. HELP ME PLZ!!!

I just got a new MB Asus 8KN, put everything together and now my memory memory modules will not work together. I have 2 CMX256A-3200C2PT XMS 3202V1.1 0301008 and 1 CMX512-3200PRO XMS3202V4.1 0436131-4. The 2 sticks of 256 will boot fine but when I put the 512 the computer will not post. The 512 will boot fine as well without the 2 256. They will not all work together though. HELP ME PLZ!!!

Does anyone read these?

Can someone plz tell me who the moderator of these forums are? I tried calling corsair and they suggested this was the fastest way to get answers, yet I have posted and emailed and no response. It is goin on 3 hours, my opinion of corsair memory is being tainted, help plz ?

There are several MODS at HOH forums.

Ram Guy is the official Corsair forum tech.

Being that this is a holiday, Ram Guy may be off.

He may peep in though.

The reason I ask is that I see RAM GUY replying to other posts, but not mine? Which would suggest that he is not off on this holiday ?

The actual memory chips used.

Different RAM versions have either different manufacturers or different

revisions from the same manufacturer.

Although the SPD may be the same, the A64 is real picky about RAM.

You could play around with the timings but in most cases it boils down to

having the same "exact" modules.

He hasn't been on since Friday. Also, I have no idea who told you the boards was faster than a call, but calling is always the fastest. Direct human interaction and all. Besides, this is a holiday weekend and Ram Guy won't be on till tomorrow.

Also, ONLY RAM GUY CAN APPROVE RMAs. PLEASE BE PATIENT.

He hasn't been on since Friday. Also, I have no idea who told you the boards was faster than a call, but calling is always the fastest. Direct human interaction and all. Besides, this is a holiday weekend and Ram Guy won't be on till tomorrow.

Also, ONLY RAM GUY CAN APPROVE RMAs. PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Where is RAM GUY?

Archived