Corsair Community

recommendation icue/cue?

Grense

I understand cue is eol, but I don't use rgb, have only the scimitar rgb(i turn off the lights because my hands are sweaty enough) for icue/cue to control and would rather stay away from the monitoring/system overhead that is included in icue if there could be an issue with it. So install cue 2.x and don't be concerned(had been using cue 1.x with no issues on my previous machine), or install icue 3.6? does icue offer any addtl benefit other than rgb and fan monitoring(my aorus z370 MB controls both noctua d15 fans and 5 case fans)? Can icue's monitoring be completely disabled? thanks in advance.

For your use (even with the lights on), I would use CUE 2.24.50. Prior to iCUE, we had Link to manage internal devices likes fans, coolers, and PSUs and CUE to manage peripherals. iCUE married the two together while adding a greater deal or lighting complexity for fans, strips, and devices formerly managed with Link. There really isn't a big change for the peripherals. You likely have also seen the product page with the monitoring screens, etc. While iCUE does a decent job monitoring Corsair hardware, I am not sure you would make the case it is a total and comprehensive monitoring system at this point. One thing it does not do very well is translate your motherboard data (temps and fans). Since that is the bulk of what you would probably be interested in, I am not sure how helpful it would be. Additionally, iCUE needs its own space and is not going to be compatible with other monitoring programs. On the other hand, CUE can run silently in the background with little overhead and you can use any other motioning program you like.

It seems like the clear thing to do would be to try both, however there is a catch. While iCUE will import your CUE 2 profiles and mouse settings, it is not backward compatible. Once you convert the profiles into iCUE profiles, there is no going back. You need to export any precious CUE data before upgrading. It is hard to see any benefit for you with iCUE at this point. A silent and unobtrusive peripheral program seems like a better fit than comprehensive and often needy total RGB management platform.

thanks for your input. still wondering if the monitoring of the sensors can be completely disabled. also wondering if que would notify of f/w updates to the scimitar or if that's only going to be supported through icue going forward.

Archived