Corsair Community

CMX512-3500C2PT Gone Bad

b5i8

I have 2 sticks of CMX512-3500C2PT running in my system since October last year (specs in sig). Just last night my system started rebooting itself and I had no idea why. I started troubleshooting and have come to the conclusion that it is a bad stick of RAM. When I put the bad module into DIMM 1 of my motherboard, I can't even boot into Windows, while the other module in the same slot works just fine. I tried upping the voltage which helped me to get into Windows but it still reboots and fails Prime95. I've run Memtest86 and it found no errors but the rebooting and failing of Prime95 tell me it's bad. I need to RMA this stick but I know Winbond BH-5 IC's are no longer being produced. What kind of options do I have here? I know it's a bad stick but I don't think it can be replaced with the same model. This bothers me because I have a matching pair (not TwinX) that worked perfectly fine in Dual Channel in a NF7-S and in single channel in my DFI LANPARTY UT NF3. Please help.

I got my RMA number but Corsair wants to replace my PC3500 Winbond BH-5 with some crap PC3700. That's like me giving you gold and you giving me dirt. I'm insulted by this offer. At least my RAM could run decent timings of 2-2-2-5 @ 200MHz while this PC3700 crap does 3-4-4-8 timings. Can't Corsair do anything better than that?

3700 is faster than 3500, so they're fufilling their end in terms of the speed. The only memory they make that hits 2-3-3-7 is slower. Closest thing to 3500 would be 4400C25 (2.5-4-4-8) I guess. As for swapping them for SLOWER memory with better timings, I'd call them directly about that.

1-888-222-4346 x0.

3700 is faster than 3500, so they're fufilling their end in terms of the speed. The only memory they make that hits 2-3-3-7 is slower. Closest thing to 3500 would be 4400C25 (2.5-4-4-8) I guess. As for swapping them for SLOWER memory with better timings, I'd call them directly about that.

1-888-222-4346 x0.

Well I'll definitely be giving them a call. If they can't give me the exact same model for replacement, I want to know if they'll exchange both my sticks so I don't have a mismatched pair. It seems the only low latency modules they have are the 3200XL series. I suppose I could settle for that but I'd hate to see my BH-5 go. Those things are gems.

Well I'll definitely be giving them a call. If they can't give me the exact same model for replacement, I want to know if they'll exchange both my sticks so I don't have a mismatched pair. It seems the only low latency modules they have are the 3200XL series. I suppose I could settle for that but I'd hate to see my BH-5 go. Those things are gems.

Windbond ceased making ICs 2 years ago or so.

I called this morning and it seems they were reading my mind. Without even suggesting it, the lady I spoke to said to send in both modules and they would be exchanged for the 3200XLPT modules which does satisfy me. I guess I'll have to say my goodbye's to my ever so faithful Winbond BH-5.

Archived