Corsair Community

P4P800 compatibility with 3-4 sticks

Spooner

I've got an Asus P4P800 motherboard, and am currently using 2 x 256 Corsair DDR400 Low Latency ram, but 512 just doesnt seem like enough anymore.

I've tried checking the Asus compatibilty list, but the page seems to be down at the moment.

Am I able to run 2x256 + 1x512 or 4x256 in a dual-channel config with this motherboard and Corsair ram?

Thanks

I've got an Asus P4P800 motherboard, and am currently using 2 x 256 Corsair DDR400 Low Latency ram, but 512 just doesnt seem like enough anymore.

I've tried checking the Asus compatibilty list, but the page seems to be down at the moment.

Am I able to run 2x256 + 1x512 or 4x256 in a dual-channel config with this motherboard and Corsair ram?

Thanks

2x256 + 1x512 probably will not work in duel-channel, 4x256 should work in duel-channel mode as long as all 4 sticks are the exact same part #. 4x256 is the set-up I have working in duel-channel mode on my mobo with a 865pe chipset.

Your mobo specs may be different so check your mobo manual, but 4x256 should work.

2x256 + 1x512 probably will not work in duel-channel, 4x256 should work in duel-channel mode as long as all 4 sticks are the exact same part #. 4x256 is the set-up I have working in duel-channel mode on my mobo with a 865pe chipset.

Your mobo specs may be different so check your mobo manual, but 4x256 should work.

I've checked the list of supported memory in this configuration at the Asus site, and Corsair isn't listed - but I've read that people have had no problems with it.

So, obviously I'd like to check before buying another 2x256 dual channel kit.

Archived