Corsair Community

H110 and liquid in the system

Seerx

Hello!

Is the amount of liquid in the system important?

Why do I ask? Because now my H110 is disconnected and removed from the case. When I move the radiator in my hands, from top to bottom and on the back, I feel and hear the liquid flowing inside it. It seems that there is not enought liquid and for this reason it so loudly flows from top to bottom. Is it normal?

Or there should be no air in the system and the system must be completely filled with liquid. And there should not be a flow of liquid in the radiator when it moves but does not work.

The H110 was always a little “sloshy” when you shake it about. How much liquid is in there? Not specified. 250 mL? 300 mL? 350? From a performance standpoint it doesn’t matter. A cooler with a 350 mL capacity is not better than 250 for that reason alone. The issue is if you get too much evaporation over time the system will not be able to generate consistent liquid to liquid pressure to move smoothly around the loop. It would sound like constant “swishing”. That is not the same as the once every few minutes water gurgle that was common to both my H110s. Not sure why the H110 is a little more sloshy than my H115i Pro, but I have never picked up an AIO cooler that did not have this to some degree. Likely a manufacturing necessity and the difference between a sealed unit and an open/refillable system.

Archived