Jump to content
Corsair Community

Looking to buy a computer... Corsair One Elite where are you?


Fandril
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was waiting several months for an Insurance case to come to a close. When it finally did and I received my settlement I found out the Corsair One Elite is Out of Stock.... everywhere. I had it saved on my Amazon and Corsair cart and now have to wait for it to be available again. The day I received my check was the day it went out of stock.

 

Worst timing ever! Or was it?

 

In doing research it seems there will be a new version coming out but I just don't know when. I need advice from anyone with lots more experience on Corsair as a company and how they operate with releasing new product.

 

My choices to buy are a) buy a Pro model b) wait for stock on the Elite or c) wait for the new version to be available to purchase.

 

I don't want to entertain buying a 'lesser' model just because it is in stock so option a) is not happening. I would buy the current Elite if it ever becomes available again but if a newer/better version is coming out soon (relative term I know) I would rather wait to see and buy then.

 

Does anyone know a timeframe (or a particular event) that Corsair typically will reveal newer versions (Apple always does at their own show each Fall) so I can make the best decision on whether to buy a current version of the Elite (if it is ever in stock again) or wait to buy the next version? *wink*

 

I don't need to know when the new version will be available just when you expect the announcement to be made. This way when it is announced I can make my decision to buy ASAP a current Elite or whatever new model is announced. I would hate to buy an Elite in the next few weeks only to find out I could buy a better version a few weeks (this Q?) later.

 

I have 3k to spend. Hopefully Corsair wants my money. ;)

 

Thanks in advance for any advice or info you can provide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yikes! No one knows anything, eh? Didn't know it was such a secret or mystery.

 

Same here. I'd rather wait, even wait longer as new Nvidia card is coming soon.

Edited by Tylar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about buying 16GB RAM version and then upgrading? hmmmmmm. That model is in stock on Amazon.

 

Would I be able to buy just another 16GB or buy full 32GB? I think based on what I have seen it would have to buy all 32GB (2x16).

 

I just don't understand why the top model has been out of stock for this long. Is this normal inventory management with Corsair One systems? They go out of stock for week(s) and then all retailers/Corsair have them until used up... then rinse/repeat? Did I catch wind of Corsair One systems at a bad cycle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was waiting several months for an Insurance case to come to a close. When it finally did and I received my settlement I found out the Corsair One Elite is Out of Stock.... everywhere. I had it saved on my Amazon and Corsair cart and now have to wait for it to be available again. The day I received my check was the day it went out of stock.

 

Worst timing ever! Or was it?

 

In doing research it seems there will be a new version coming out but I just don't know when. I need advice from anyone with lots more experience on Corsair as a company and how they operate with releasing new product.

 

My choices to buy are a) buy a Pro model b) wait for stock on the Elite or c) wait for the new version to be available to purchase.

 

I don't want to entertain buying a 'lesser' model just because it is in stock so option a) is not happening. I would buy the current Elite if it ever becomes available again but if a newer/better version is coming out soon (relative term I know) I would rather wait to see and buy then.

 

Does anyone know a timeframe (or a particular event) that Corsair typically will reveal newer versions (Apple always does at their own show each Fall) so I can make the best decision on whether to buy a current version of the Elite (if it is ever in stock again) or wait to buy the next version? *wink*

 

I don't need to know when the new version will be available just when you expect the announcement to be made. This way when it is announced I can make my decision to buy ASAP a current Elite or whatever new model is announced. I would hate to buy an Elite in the next few weeks only to find out I could buy a better version a few weeks (this Q?) later.

 

I have 3k to spend. Hopefully Corsair wants my money. ;)

 

Thanks in advance for any advice or info you can provide.

 

I am in the same exact position! I recently found out about the Corsair One (long time mac user fed up waiting for modular Mac Pro update)- went to purchase, but then saw that there was a new prototype floating around Computex months ago, so decided to wait and see if it became official. And now... out of stock. Maybe thats a good sign?

 

Also saw that Amazon doesn't sell the 1tb SDD version of the elite, which is the one I want (seeing as it it's a pain/impossible to update the 500gb SSD). I hope Amazon pick that 1tb Elite up in the future - as personally I'd prefer to buy through them, being a prime member.

 

Welp. I hope its not too much to hope that next week V2 of the Corsair Elite comes out and is in stock. I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah... first time in many years I've had extra cash to throw at a large ticket item like this. It's not the waiting that is killing me, it's the not knowing how long the wait will be.

 

I just may not wait if the communication, or lack thereof, continues like this, and go on a trip somewhere instead. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...