Corsair Community

k8neo2 xms 4400c25 2.5-4-4-8 errors

thaibog

K ..here we go..

Have an a64 3200 winchester...runs great @2.7 ghz {270 fsb x 10} 1.575 v...I had some bh-5 twinmos before and where running great at 2-3-3-6 with the 166 memory divider...i decided i wanted to run with a 1/1 synchronised bus. @ 270 mhz so i decided to buy 2 x 512 xms 4400c25's...anyways they fired up at thier rated speed and all was cool except errors all the time. on memtest and prime95..i could sometimes game for hours then bang drops out of battlefield. i have tried these @ 2.5v - 2.7 v i even used a ocz ddr booster on it lowest setting to try and clean the voltage to them but to no avail..keeps springing up memory errors. Not only that they seem not to run at cas 2 @ any speed over 198mhz..which i know is not what i bought them for but all the same i am feeling in the last hour of my bh-5 sale on e-bay have i done the right thing buying corsair ?. So mr ram guy i need help....one thing that is going through my head is that the actual memory controllers on the winchester cannot handle the high fsb's but i can again run the cpu at 298 mhz with a 133 divider with no errors. To say i am dissapointed is an understatement. I am even trying to run the memory at 250 mhz dual channel 2.5-4-4-8 and it has just sprung 2 errors on memtest. i have tested each stick in 1 at a time also....same thing......now i dont want to be RMA'ing these things untill i am sure its not any other factor but if you knew how much effort i am putting into balancing this system i have come to you as a last resort...

it aint heat either as i have an xp-90 heatsink blowing over the babies...enermax 600w noisetaker psu...

so?...what you think??

cheers

mad andy

i have it stable now @ 2.8v...but i have another problem...its bloody hot

like mental hot

if i do 2 hrs of memtest i am looking at a good 50 odd degrees on the heatsinks....i have a thermal probe somewhere i will post the results...with this board its gonna be hard to sort cooling for them

this ram will not run stable @1t command unless its below 198mhz....that really sucks on an a64 system.....i couldn't reccomend this ram for an a64 sytem whatsoever based on the modules i have here.....

unfortunately i have just sold these

• Corsair Employees
Please set it at 2T command rate, depending on the CPU that you have and the memory controller on it; sometimes they will run 274 @ 1T, but for 275MHz should be 2T setting. Also make sure you use the proper voltage for both CPU and Video card as well, and the memory module voltage setting should be 2.8 or 2.85 volts. Memory modules run hotter than the system temperature, so I do not thhink that this is a problem.

Greetings there... no disrespect fella but i didnt pay £200 for ram that runs 2t command....

my cpu and board will run winbond bh-5 @ 250 mhz @ 1t command and will also run ocz pc3500 @ 1t command @ 230 mhz...this will not run 1t command at anything over 198mhz without throwing errors

i am running it at 2.8v at the moment and cooling it with active cooling

it is most important to run a64 systems at 1t command i lose over 1300 mb/s bandwidth on sandra by running at 2t...i can benchmark at 1t command but it will not pass prime..mem test.. and most importantly it won't game..

where in the specification did it say that this ram will not run like all other tccd modules and will run at only 2t command on nforce boards or winchester cpu's???

i know for one i would not have sold my bh-5's and would have probably purchased other ram...

If i send you these within the uk can you guarantee that you can send me back DDR that actually works to 1 t command...because that is what i want...i paid for the best and i expect it. If not can you fire an e-mail at my supplier and explain that i have purchased something that is running out of specification and organise a full refund.

a slightly pissed

andy james

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6744105595

Dear thaibog,

Hello Andrew, straight in @ 275Mhz running 2.5-3-3-8 1:1 1t with cpu ( 3.5v ) upping my 1800Mhz Athlon64 3000 into a 2475Mhz FX53 ( 2400Mhz ) beater!!! Wicked !!Many thanks Lee.

i could only run at 250 on this board but would run 1t..but you can see how annoyed i am selling these rare babies and " upgrading " to something less able..

i have heard you guys take customer service to extremes its just i didnt want to be fecking about RMA'ing stuff and having to go a week or so without equipment that will probably be out of date by the time its returned " prior experience "

cheers

andy james

Most guys opting for those 4400c25's are after a hella FSB.

It's the common A64 debate....go ddr400 with 5-2-2-2-1t timings? Or go higher with loosened timings. Do you need more CPU or memory bandwidth?

I'd be curious to know what your SuperPi 1m runs are using those 4400's and your BH5...

Most guys opting for those 4400c25's are after a hella FSB.

It's the common A64 debate....go ddr400 with 5-2-2-2-1t timings? Or go higher with loosened timings. Do you need more CPU or memory bandwidth?

I'd be curious to know what your SuperPi 1m runs are using those 4400's and your BH5...

bh-5's are somewhere up the north of england now mate...

but these are whacking in about 74s on 2 mb..the reason i bought these where to run the 2.7 ghz 270/270 1:1 divider.. i just had a mad argument with another guy in this forum about these not running at 1t and him and another guy swore that they where....

I also went with the anandtech review and a few others..all where running at 1t command with similiar setups as me..did they get special " samples " or have i just got underperforming ram..

I am an old school overclocker..**** i still have a set of 768mb xms 2400 that cost me an arm and a leg way back in the day...i know what people are after and i know why i bought these.. not to run 2t...

Well the modules are only rated at 275MHz, so if you want to run the module at 1T, then you will set the frequency maximum of 274MHz with 1T. What is the Hypertransport setting that you have on the system?

Oooh, good call. If you're running at HTx4 you're going over the max bus speed of 1000...system will be unstable as all get out. Anything above 800 is overkill anyway.

And running a divider on these A64's isn't a bad thing. There's a divider in play even at 1:1....Setting the Memory to 1:1 means that the HTT bus is multiplied by the CPU Multiplier and then Divided by the CPU Multiplier to set the Memory speed. Old school: in an XP rig, running a divider cut down performance. Using one in an A64 (so the timings can be kept low) doesn't.

I still get your point though...You want them to do what others have gotten them to do, regardless of weather you would have actually gained anything from it.

Hehehe

sorry again...

i am not really worried what others in the forums are doing becuase unless they show me a screen shot with everest showing the timings and a screen showing at least 4 cycles of prime and mem test then whatever they say stability isn't assured.

I do though have to trust places such as anandtech that where using a 1t command...

cheers for the convo though mate...not many down my local pub explore the ramifications of cas latencies and dual channel on chip memory controllers..

more into how many beers they can drink and how big thier wifes tits are {8o>

hehehe

thanks

#

mad andy

Yeah...hard to get conversation about any of this stuff except on these forums...

Have you visited a place called Extremeoc.com??? That place is most definately worth a visit. They have detailed A64 oc guides, OC troubleshooting guides, thousands of members and I guarantee someone could find out what we may be missing here. You'll also get replies almost instantly. Copy and paste your first post in this thread over there in the AMD section. I've seen a number of guys running the exact same set up as you. Worse case scenario maybe the sticks are bad and if so Corsair is great about taking care of customers.

Here's a link for ya! They will help anyone from noob to pro without being arrogant about it...good group of guys. I'll look for ya over there...

Archived