Corsair Community

Is my replacement unit faulty or was this Pro Plus advertised wrong?

jppf08

So I bought a Corsair One (pro plus) because I was totally sold by the marketing. A small, stylish, powerful and quiet gaming computer? I had to have it immediately.

My first unit had an annoying buzzing/fluttering noise at idle. Various graphical glitches in games, and stuttering mouse input lag. Well, I wasn't expecting that from all the glowing reviews, and Corsair kindly replaced it. My replacement arrived and all the issues I experienced with my first model were gone, but now there's a new issue. The GPU fan goes crazy as soon as any game loads. It's a constant range of 80% - 100% fan speed. Sounds like a jet.

I have updated all the necessary drivers and tested a few games, some quite taxing on Ultra settings, others not so much, and my unit's fans shoot up within a few seconds. The fan is too noisy to ignore. I had such high expectations for this system from all the videos and reviews I saw before purchasing, but my experience with it has been two disappointments so far.

I could post a recording, but someone already has: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177547 My experience is identical to this link and, hey presto, looks like I have to have it replaced again, according to the response.

What do I do at this point? Is this normal behavior for this model? Will I ever get a model that behaves like the reviews and marketing claims? I have had a ticket open since July 7 and have notified support about my new issue, but would be grateful if someone could bring some attention to it (#750344)

Appreciate any help.

Edited by jppf08

• Corsair Employees
So I bought a Corsair One (pro plus) because I was totally sold by the marketing. A small, stylish, powerful and quiet gaming computer? I had to have it immediately.

My first unit had an annoying buzzing/fluttering noise at idle. Various graphical glitches in games, and stuttering mouse input lag. Well, I wasn't expecting that from all the glowing reviews, and Corsair kindly replaced it. My replacement arrived and all the issues I experienced with my first model were gone, but now there's a new issue. The GPU fan goes crazy as soon as any game loads. It's a constant range of 80% - 100% fan speed. Sounds like a jet.

I have updated all the necessary drivers and tested a few games, some quite taxing on Ultra settings, others not so much, and my unit's fans shoot up within a few seconds. The fan is too noisy to ignore. I had such high expectations for this system from all the videos and reviews I saw before purchasing, but my experience with it has been two disappointments so far.

I could post a recording, but someone already has: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177547 My experience is identical to this link and, hey presto, looks like I have to have it replaced again, according to the response.

What do I do at this point? Is this normal behavior for this model? Will I ever get a model that behaves like the reviews and marketing claims? I have had a ticket open since July 7 and have notified support about my new issue, but would be grateful if someone could bring some attention to it (#750344)

Appreciate any help.

I'll have someone follow up with you on the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue - however the customer support rep dismissed my claims that the unit was faulty, implying that this was intended; is this true?

My experience:

Post a support ticket explaining the issue

5 days pass

Receive a response implying that this is expected behaviour, despite being advertised otherwise, and at no point stating this; a few questions are asked

5 minutes pass

I reply with the details requested

8 days pass

I send another message, having heard nothing

7 days pass

Still nothing.

For "24/7" support this is absurd - are replies being sent by messenger pigeon?

StormShadow I have PM'd my ticket number, could you please see if someone could look at my ticket?

• Corsair Employees
I'm having the same issue - however the customer support rep dismissed my claims that the unit was faulty, implying that this was intended; is this true?

My experience:

Post a support ticket explaining the issue

5 days pass

Receive a response implying that this is expected behaviour, despite being advertised otherwise, and at no point stating this; a few questions are asked

5 minutes pass

I reply with the details requested

8 days pass

I send another message, having heard nothing

7 days pass

Still nothing.

For "24/7" support this is absurd - are replies being sent by messenger pigeon?

StormShadow I have PM'd my ticket number, could you please see if someone could look at my ticket?

I'll look into it.