Corsair Community

H100i V2 Fans on top or bottom of radiator?

Alan_the_great

Would there be any performance difference if I were to mount the fans on top of the radiator rather than underneath it? (Above motherboard) I've seen a video where the setup for it had the fans on top of it in a top case mount. The air should still be being pulled from the case/radiator rather than from outside right? I would like to know whether or not this is viable due to clearance concerns with my EVGA hybrid and RAM. Haven't had issues with the RAM, but it's still worrisome because the fan blades are less than an inch away from it.

It doesn't really matter from a performance standpoint. You can put the fans below the radiator to show them off or above to hide them. The one thing that can change is the fan tone. When below the radiator, the blades interact with the radiator fins and make a certain sound. When between the radiator and the case, the blade with interact with both surfaces. Obviously case dependent and sometimes of no consequence. However, in some cases it produces more audible noise. I wouldn't worry about the fan/RAM clearance until you get down to millimeters. The fan is helping move heat off the modules as well.