Corsair Community

Memory died

Freeman808

I bought this stick of Corsair XMS (512 mb pc3200) memory about 2 years ago and it died on me. I am not an overclocker and was not doing any unusual bios tweaking. Lucky I was saving up money and bought a new system a month later along with two corsair 512 mb pc4400 sticks. Anyways...I have tried the dead stick in an MSI mobo, an ASrock mobo, and even an Asus mobo and it doesn't even post. I have built many system's for friends and family, and am very happy with corsair, I just got a bad stick. I Would like to send the stick in for a replacment and need to start my RMA process. Thanks for your help :):

Thanks for the post. I have read through everything, and am showing that I have contacted the RAM guys. I don't want to waste the RAM guys time with trouble shooting because I am educated on SPD timing,voltage settings, and the fact that the module ran fine in the computer for over a year (and I tested with it being the only variable versus other modules and it would not post). Thanks again for the response, and if you have any ideas that I may have not thought of, please tell me. -Spencer

Archived