Corsair Community

H100i V2 High Temps

Ballz_of_LAVA

New to the forums, but I recently noticed that my cpu temps have been way higher than normal. At idle I get about 40C-50C and when I am in a game it jumps up to 80C-90C. I have a non-overclocked system so I don't think it should be that high. When I first go the cooler the max temp in a game was around 60C. I have tried reseating the cpu and the cooler as well as redoing the thermal paste. None of my efforts seem to have done anything as I am still getting these temps. It even freezes my computer mid game because of how high the temps get.

446702685_CoreTemp.PNG.a3f39f8de0a5ba6605107af00db9001d.PNG

449612833_corsairlink.thumb.PNG.6bd48b0ddf55f1942a9448894d8e1ccb.PNG

Have a read through this post. The trouble shooting process is the same for most coolers. At 32C, your coolant temperature (H100i v2 Temp) is not abnormal for Summer conditions. What I can't tell from a screen shot is if your CPU temps were at 50C for just a moment (like when the screenshot generated) or if they are holding there. A 50C core temp average with a 32C coolant temp is going to be a different kind of problem. See the very last post for expected coolant temperatures and see if those are similar to your end.