Corsair Community

2 gig of ram failing

markreynolds

Hi folks, I have been unable to load into windows and have pulled both sticks of ram out and have tried them in 2 other machines and they both failed at 700MB :[pouts: I forgot to include what type of ram and system specs....I have 2 sticks of Corsair twinX2048-3200poro. running on an

Asus A7V880

AMD XP 3200

All default settings as I am cumputer dumb, what should I do next?

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the timings manually to Cass 3-3-3-8 at 2.7 Volts and test them one up with http://www.memtest.org
I have Installed one stick of the same type memory from an exact duplicate computer into mine and the system runs fine. I then updated bios, and settings, replaced the suspected bad memory and got a beep code indicating errors, I then swapped positions of the memory and now recieve system errors and continual reboots. Please authorize an R.M.A Thank You

Yes, I sent the modules out last week, Corsair recieved them, and I'm waiting for them to send out the replacements. Is it possible to find out the status of the return from this forum, I heard the turn around time is 24 to 48 hrs, and will they contact me when they (Corsair) ships out replacements with a tracking #?

I was told in an e-mail that corsair has not recieved the ram, but I show it being recieved, and signed for at the dock by someone with the initials of W.U. here is the page from U.P.S's website.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&tracknum=1Z+E05+7R9+02+0741+121+8&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&track.x=8&track.y=5

Delivered on: Feb 25, 2005 10:54 A.M.

Signed by: WU

Delivered to: FREMONT, CA, US

Shipped or Billed on: Feb 23, 2005

Tracking Number: 1Z E05 7R9 02 0741 121 8

Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR

Weight: .50 Lb

Package Progress:

Date/

Time Location Activity

Feb 25, 2005

10:54 A.M.

SUNNYVALE, CA, US

DELIVERY

Feb 24, 2005

10:48 P.M.

SUNNYVALE, CA, US

DESTINATION SCAN

8:00 P.M. SUNNYVALE, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

7:20 P.M. SAN JOSE, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

5:39 P.M. SAN JOSE, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

3:52 P.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN

12:03 P.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ARRIVAL SCAN

2:29 A.M. WYOMING, MI, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Feb 23, 2005

11:17 P.M.

WYOMING, MI, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

9:30 P.M. LANSING, MI, US DEPARTURE SCAN

8:51 P.M. LANSING, MI, US ORIGIN SCAN

6:49 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Feb 28, 2005 10:12 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

It is imperative that I resolve this issue and reinstall this memory to get back up and going, I spent extra money to ship 2nd day air so my down time would be minimal, only to have corsair drop the ball :mad:

Archived