Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting RGB PRO after update

189e

Ok so I just got new ram (vengeance rgb pro). Everything was fine until I updated iCUE. After the update, settings for rgb are not detected anymore. But its odd that the dashboard can still read the ram's spec/temps. Any one know what wrong or experiencing the same issue?

Not sure if it's the same issue as yours but I just got the VRP RAM today and it is detected under devices. I can see my sticks under DIMM SETUP, however my lighting effects don't take effect at all.

I did notice that. First thing I did when I got home was switch over the ram and the rig booted up like normal. I opened iCUE and the sticks showed. I attempted to play with the lighting but not effects as well. I couldn't even pick which dimm to play with. So I uninstalled the driver and left it as is until I overclocked the ram to specs. After the overclock I installed the latest driver and boooom, no ram detection at all. So I default the XMP settings and even reseat the ram. Still no go. The ram I got is 3600 16gb 2x8 cl18 b-die

Set it to enabled.

sorry i was thinking of the wrong thing. dont think i have that "spd" capability. cant seem to find it the bios. literally search every file in the bios for that acronym or anthing relate to it (serial presence detect). no cigar.....

Hey, hey!

Odd. XMP would normally be under OC Tweaker on that board, but it's not? Sounds like an A-series APU (Bristol Ridge), which does not support XMP. You'll know for sure if under OC Tweaker there are zero CPU controls at all, and no AMD CBS controls, or DRAM Timing Configurations.

BUT ... you could give it a look, and verify your BIOS is indeed v4.63 or greater.

• 5 months later...
No way to find "SPD Write" on Asus x470-i, latest BIOS...

Yeah, this seems to be missing from most, if not all, AMD boards.

As for your Asus x470, there have been numerous reports of recent BIOS updates, especially from Asus, causing issues with the RAM. You may want to revert to an earlier BIOS.

Archived