Corsair Community

Commander Pro LL120 Fan & USB Problem

ChrisFan

Hello guys,

i have a new commander pro with 6x LL120 fans, on the commander pro is a HX1000i PSU and a HI150pro water cooling system directly connected (USB). The fans are connected to the commander pro, the commander pro is connected self to the mainboard and to the HX1000i PSU (energy). My mainboard is a msi z270 gaming m7. USB xHCI is in bios enabled. The firmware and icue software is up to date. The LL120 fan configuration under the icue settings is “auto”.

I have created some profiles for games and windows.

The problem is, the commander pro does not always recognize the 6x LL120 fans.

I sometimes dont get data from the PSU (HX1000i), HI150pro and the fan speeds from the commaner pro (fan1-6) i the icue software (randomly sometimes is nothing works, sometimes only form the compoents) .

main problem being that fan1 to 6 not showing up, thus them spinning at random speeds. rebooting twice solves the problem for 5-10mins, then the same again. I see only fan2 or fan3, sometimes additionally the HI150pro, sometimes nothing

Any idea? :confused::confused:

1442815215_image001(1).thumb.png.7ca3c7a104947ee534abe619c30cf8bd.png

Also try going to settings and manually setting them to PWM/4-pin rather than Auto.

Yes, same issue with 4 PIN

Try reseating the PWM connectors for your fans. Are they getting lighting data correctly?

lighting works fine

Your screen cap does show the CoPro recognizing all fans. It also shows that you have them on a default fan profile, which is tied to CPU temp. With Skylake and higher, this is notoriously spiky; that may be the cause of them spinning an "random speeds". It's not random but it sure does look that way.

Try setting a custom fan profile.

Also, are you running any other monitoring tools? EVGA XOC? Can you please fill out your system details - I know you have some info in your first post but putting them in the "Edit System Details" makes it a lot easier for folks trying to help you to refer to it.

I think I have the same issue:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178496

I have a video here showing my issues with the software ( 3.3.103 ):

It can be seen that the performance tab keeps disappearing and then reappears, I have 4 fans on the commander pro ATM but only a few appear at a time and the wrong RPMs are shown. One of the fans is not spinning at all. Strangely the RGB works fine but it seems that it doesn't apply to the control.

I notice that you have an EVGA GPU. Are you running Precision XOC? If so, do you have RGB Sync enabled? That does cause issues. Please disable RGB Sync (at least) or Precision XOC. You should be able to disable just RGB Sync so you an still manage your GPU's features.

Ok, thank you. I check this today, Precision XOC and HWInfo is always running.

I just received a commander pro and have nothing but issues. I have to reinstall the firmware of the commander pro just for the fans to appear. But that does not work every time. The temp sensor says 119C and one says 5C. The device worked fine for a full day. What other software may interfere with the icue?

Archived