Corsair Community

Gradient timing issue.

Astral85

I'm trying to run three separate gradients over my K95P. Each gradient is it's own effect. The problem is that they're all moving at different speeds from left to right. The effects are copies of each other so the parameters i.e tail lights, velocity and lighting time are identical. Why are they moving from left to right at odds with each other?

Gradient_timing.png

Assuming all 3 have the same 8 second Lighting Timer, select a different profile from your main list and then click back onto this current one to reset the clock. That should put them back in sync. Link would force a global clock reset on each change of any element in any channel, but that also made editing a bit jarring. In iCUE, I sometimes do the opposite and deliberately toggle an individual effect off for few seconds before enabling it again to create the appearance of random effects.

@c-attack

Ah this has been puzzling me for ages. I kept thinking there must be some sort timer/sync thing going on but there is nothing that indicates it in the GUI. Your correct, switching to another profile and back reset the "clock". Would it help if there was a clock reset button or something? At least I understand that there is a clock/sync mechanism working in the background.

Note that the velocity is in lights per second. Since each row doesn't have the same number of lights or keys it will move at slightly.

Oooh! And that for when doing row by row effects. I puzzled myself for hours one day before I realized the issue.

Note that the velocity is in lights per second. Since each row doesn't have the same number of lights or keys it will move at slightly.

That results in a very very slight delay between the effects, like 1-2 keys in the trail. Before, one whole row of keys would wave before the next. Not that there's anything wrong with that but wasn't quite what I intended.