Corsair Community

Learning to love iCUE, question about non corsair stuff

gutcheck

Hi,

So I have all my corsair devices on iCUE working great, just wondering... is it possible to plug non corsair RGB stuff like EKWB RGB stuff, non corsair fans, etc into the CP? Right now the only non corsair devices I own are my fans which and EK stuff which are all plugged into a RGB splitter going into my motherboards RGB header, meaning I have to use Aura for them.... which sucks.

Bah, that sucks. Corsair would be super awesome if you made an adapter? I'd pay for it... I am sure tons of others would. Really don't care about the non corsair fans.... but the EK stuff would be cool....

DevBiker called me help to help with this one. I too am also into water cooling.

Here is a video I made that is a good overview of RGB, the different types of LEDs and headers on motherboards.

[ame]

[/ame]

I have asked for them to make an analog/digital converter on more than one occasion. I also do like to tinker as well, so I have been getting into electronics lately.

Please watch the full video above, before proceeding, I don't want to have to explain a lot.

I made a proof of concept video and I used a small circuit board with a ws2811 IC w/ a cap + resistor to power 3 LEDS (seperate Red green and blue diodes): [ame]

[/ame]

I have this plugged into my PC and have it attached to a Corsair strip and used iCue to control it, so it does work. The ws2811 IC is a bigger version of the chip mentioned in the video. If you are talking about controlling one LED that is lighting a res then I think you would be fine using a ws2811 alone. Though if you are talking about multiple LEDs, then you might need a mosfet solution. The following device should work:

https://www.robotshop.com/en/addressable-ws2811-triple-n-mosfet-60v-18a-module.html

Though they are out of stock and have been out of stock for months. I ordered a bunch of parts from china and I have been playing with it. I got it to mostly work, though one channel was a little wonky, I think I had a loose connection in the cheap LED Strip I was working with.

12vRGB-D2A.thumb.jpg.8c1d4c4c65cf0a59d4df5414375cbc08.jpg