Corsair Community

New to Cooling

Megan2014

Hi I'm back!!

Ok so i have created a custom curved but realised that when using Corsair Link the fan group was under H100i v2. Is that the curve i want to customise to keep CPU temps down or do i need to change the group? here are my curves:

25 - 25%

35-30%

50-40%

60-50%

70-80%

75(+) - 100%.

Thank you :)

"Group" is Corsair Link terminology for control variable and in this instance the "H100i v2 Temp Group" is the coolant/liquid temperature. That is what you want and how the cooler is meant to work. However, you may want to compress your curve a bit. The highest H100i V2 Temp you should ever see is going to about 40-45C. If you get to 50C, something is wrong with the cooler. That does not mean you need to blast the fans in the lower zones, but I would set your last point to 100% at 50C. Set the second to last point at 40C and at a fan speed that is moderate, but not offensive in sound. This way if you hear the fans making a lot of noise, something is probably off and you should take a look. Also, don't forget that small changes in fan speed mean very little for cooling purposes, but most certainly can be meaningful for sound quality. I would make most of your lower curve adjustments based on what you think is an acceptable blend of speed and sound. 1400 rpm sounds too loud? Make it 1200. The cost is not more than a fraction of a degree. This is usually a good trade.

"Group" is Corsair Link terminology for control variable and in this instance the "H100i v2 Temp Group" is the coolant/liquid temperature. That is what you want and how the cooler is meant to work. However, you may want to compress your curve a bit. The highest H100i V2 Temp you should ever see is going to about 40-45C. If you get to 50C, something is wrong with the cooler. That does not mean you need to blast the fans in the lower zones, but I would set your last point to 100% at 50C. Set the second to last point at 40C and at a fan speed that is moderate, but not offensive in sound. This way if you hear the fans making a lot of noise, something is probably off and you should take a look. Also, don't forget that small changes in fan speed mean very little for cooling purposes, but most certainly can be meaningful for sound quality. I would make most of your lower curve adjustments based on what you think is an acceptable blend of speed and sound. 1400 rpm sounds too loud? Make it 1200. The cost is not more than a fraction of a degree. This is usually a good trade.

Ok ill have a play with the curves. At the moment I'm currently playing WoW with Fan RPM at 900, coolant temp is 30 and cpu temp doesn't go past 35. Really happy with it :)

Archived