Corsair Community

XMS-3200 PT Bad Stick

shiv

I have a gigabyte K8N-Pro mobo with dual sticks of XMS-3200 PT ram. I have been recieving reboot and freeze glitches while gaming for a while now, and finally ran some tests. I used memtest 1.51 on each stick seperately. One stick reported errors during test 5. I think its a bad stick and how do I go about getting it replaced?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the exact model# of your memory module and please tell me if you purchased that module as a pair or set; along with the CPU speed, and its FSB as well? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Faulty Memory Module is XMS3202v2.2

Purchased alone, but it tested faulty alone, i.e., without any other ram in system.

I'm running a AMD 64 3000+ at stock 2 GHz, FSB in the Socket 754 is the Processor Clock Speed.

Have the latest bios, using default CPU and memory settings, the Failsafe Default.

Thanks RAM guy, I really appreciate the speed with which corsair responds to its customers. Thats why I bought corsair in the first place, and why I plan to in the future. Well, that, and it outperforms the competitors.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I have a question. As I said, I put both sticks in and they work, so I assumed it was all done. I've been noticing, however, that it didnt feel like a system with a gig of dual channel ram. I just downloaded the newest version of CPU-Z to confirm what my bios has been telling me, My ram is only running @ 166 Mhz, not 200Mhz. Also, its only functioning as single channel. Using CPU-Z, I looked at the ram descriptor, and It lists one of the RAM sticks as being CMX512-3200C2, but the other is listed as CMX512-3200LL. Which would explain why its only running @ 166 and in single channel. So, I'm not sure what to do. They both came NIB straight from Corsair as CMX512-3200C2PT.

The LOT# on the packages is

LOT# 0407119-0

LOT# 0351024-10

Any help you can give?

Um, I filled out the online form, and then I also sent an email when I didn't receive one. Both sticks I sent in were matching, and I sent them in together. The packaging also says that they're both CMX512-3200C2PT. So, What do I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for being so helpful with eerything. I got the new ram fast, thanks. Using CPU-z both sticks register as being the same.

I am having an issue with my system however. My system is still not running in dual channel mode. Also, the DDR 400 sticks are running at DDR 333 speeds. I have a Gigabyte K8N Pro motherboard with a AMD 64 3000+ (754). Any help that you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Andrew

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and I would install the modules in slots 2-3 or 1-3 and then reset the bios. I think with Giga-Byte you have to remove the battery and then short out 2 points of solder on the MB with the power disconnected. If that does not solve the problem, please test the modules one at a time. In addition, after you clear the bios you will want to load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts as well.

Archived