Corsair Community

Is iCue good about importing fan and lighting profiles from Cue?

r3v3nant

I have Cue now on my gaming rig.. List of compatible components I have:

Commander Pro (latest FW)

Lighting Node Pro (latest FW)

H115i (latest FW)

Vengeance RGB 3466 8Gx2

4x HD120 RGB fans (all on commander pro)

4x HD140 RGB fans (2x on commander pro and 2x on LNP)

3 RGB light strips (on LNP)

Glaive RGB mouse

I have some elaborate lighting profiles and a fan profile I spent a lot of time tuning. I don't want to have to rebuild all that. Is the install good about migrating those items? I read the read me and will ensure my Cue version is what it says to be on before the install, etc..

It seems like all I would gain is the ability to tie my mouse into the whole lighting control schema.. and lighting FX sync with some games.. The interface does look pretty slick though.. I am running Windows10 Home64 fully patched with the last large update.

I also have a G13 and the Logitech Gaming Software to control lighting and profiles on that. I love that little LCD screen for monitoring my GPU temps, clocks, and voltage limit + power limit. Anyone have issues with iCue and the LGS?

Before I take this plunge I thought I would ask..

Anyone have issues with iCue and the LGS?

For a time in the past I used the Dedalus apex mouse and had it alongside K95 and it worked great, no issues. I also have a wireless mouse that I have intermittently used LGS alongside CUE and i've had no hiccups from that. That said, others have had some monitoring software hiccups and my LGS hardware didnt have any of that, so your mileage may vary.

I would backup everything (profiles) a couple times in a safe place, both from the application and by copying the folder, elsewhere like not even in the same drive if you can and I'd personally take the plunge. It is not perfect, but I think it is pretty decent and if it fails, you can always downgrade/go back?

I have 1803 on 2 systems with iCue and it is working good. Some others i think had some issues with the update. Probably wait for others feedback first also.

Can't say about CUE lighting profiles but previous CUE didn't have any fan profiles. That was Link. And iCue does not import Link profiles. There is a tool that'll read them and let you create your own iCue profiles tho. See my videos for details (it's on one of them).

You should definitely copy your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE file to a safe location. When you install iCUE 3.xx, it will write new files into that same place. The conversion process for profiles from CUE 2 to iCUE/CUE 3 is one way and permanent. If you want to go back, you need a copy of the App Data folder to restore (faster) or each and every single file backed up. When you migrate to iCUE, start a new back-up folder with iCUE specific versions.

No, you will gaining more than that. The most significant new function of iCUE is it gives keyboard like lighting controls to internal devices, like your HD fans. In Link, you are limited to a single layer of effects. iCUE allows to layer colors, patterns, effects, on top of each and in greater number. For example, I can put a solid blue base down on all fans, then layer the rain effect on top of it, effectively smoothing it out. You could put a blue/red visor over a solid white background. There are numerous new combinations. It looks like the keyboard is the one tool you are missing, so this may be new territory for you. There is a learning adjustment if you have not used a Corsair RGB keyboard before. There are also growing pains, so if a glitch or hiccup is going to turn you off, better to wait it out. As for importing, the most common glitch is iCUE adding an extra spiral rainbow to all your existing profiles. It is easy to delete with one click.

For a time in the past I used the Dedalus apex mouse and had it alongside K95 and it worked great, no issues. I also have a wireless mouse that I have intermittently used LGS alongside CUE and i've had no hiccups from that. That said, others have had some monitoring software hiccups and my LGS hardware didnt have any of that, so your mileage may vary.

I would backup everything (profiles) a couple times in a safe place, both from the application and by copying the folder, elsewhere like not even in the same drive if you can and I'd personally take the plunge. It is not perfect, but I think it is pretty decent and if it fails, you can always downgrade/go back?

I have 1803 on 2 systems with iCue and it is working good. Some others i think had some issues with the update. Probably wait for others feedback first also.

Thanks.. I will backup all the configs from Cue and Link before I do this for sure.

Can't say about CUE lighting profiles but previous CUE didn't have any fan profiles. That was Link. And iCue does not import Link profiles. There is a tool that'll read them and let you create your own iCue profiles tho. See my videos for details (it's on one of them).

Right... *doink* yes I was thinking about LINK for the fan profiles. Sounds like I will be rebuilding some profiles but oh well I can do that.

You should definitely copy your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE file to a safe location. When you install iCUE 3.xx, it will write new files into that same place. The conversion process for profiles from CUE 2 to iCUE/CUE 3 is one way and permanent. If you want to go back, you need a copy of the App Data folder to restore (faster) or each and every single file backed up. When you migrate to iCUE, start a new back-up folder with iCUE specific versions.

No, you will gaining more than that. The most significant new function of iCUE is it gives keyboard like lighting controls to internal devices, like your HD fans. In Link, you are limited to a single layer of effects. iCUE allows to layer colors, patterns, effects, on top of each and in greater number. For example, I can put a solid blue base down on all fans, then layer the rain effect on top of it, effectively smoothing it out. You could put a blue/red visor over a solid white background. There are numerous new combinations. It looks like the keyboard is the one tool you are missing, so this may be new territory for you. There is a learning adjustment if you have not used a Corsair RGB keyboard before. There are also growing pains, so if a glitch or hiccup is going to turn you off, better to wait it out. As for importing, the most common glitch is iCUE adding an extra spiral rainbow to all your existing profiles. It is easy to delete with one click.

Thanks for the detailed info. It sounds very powerful with the ability to layer the colors and patterns. I will be careful with extra spiral ranbow, thanks for the heads up! Yeah I didn't mention my KB because it's an older K70 with only red leds and no pattern options.

Edited by r3v3nant

Thanks.. I will backup all the configs from Cue and Link before I do this for sure.

Right... *doink* yes I was thinking about LINK for the fan profiles. Sounds like I will be rebuilding some profiles but oh well I can do that.

Thanks for the detailed info. It sounds very powerful with the ability to layer the colors and patterns. I will be careful with extra spiral ranbow, thanks for the heads up! Yeah I didn't mention my KB because it's an older K70 with only red leds and no pattern options.

Go ahead and use my tool. It'll let you read the profiles out of Link. It's not the most elegant but it works to transfer those finely tweaked fan profiles over.