Corsair Community

My TwinX1024-3200C2Pro problem

remysix

Hi RamGuy,

I have a TWINX1024-3200C2Pro. Had that for about a year now. All this while running at stock setting. Check with CPUz, the timing is 2.5-3-3-8. Lately, I've set the Vdimm at 2.75v and set the SPD disabled, set the timing to 2-3-3-6 as per datasheet at DDR400. To my suprise, the screen went blank - it's not even passed the BIOS screen :eek: . Quite frustrating since I paid quite big buck for those pair :[pouts: .

My config during the failure:

P4 2.4C/M0

ASUS P4P800-Deluxe w/ BIOS 1016

TWINX1024-3200C2Pro

Vdimm set @2.75v

Performance set to Auto

MAM set to Auto

Mem timing: 2-3-3-6

What should I do next?

Thank you very much

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200C2

Advanced/Jumper Free

AI over clocking: Manual

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400 MHz

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.75 Volts

System performance: AUTO

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

Memory Acceleration Mode: Auto

USB Legacy Support: Disabled

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

thought 1016 is latest...silly me...

OK, flashed my BIOS with 1019 revision and ran the test again, result:

1. 1st stick - now can POST but failled memtest86+ within less than 2 minutes. ~ tens of thousands errors

2. 2nd stick - can POST; failed memtest86+ within less than 5 minutes. ~ 16K errors

None able to pass the test at all.

Config: Manual

FSB - 200

DRAM - 400

Vdimm - 2.75v

Vagp - 1.60v

Mem Timing : 2-3-3-6

Burst Length - 8

USB Legacy - Disabled

Others at default.

• Corsair Employee

That would suggest some other problem, can you test them in another MB? If not lets try replacing them.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 weeks later...

RAM GUY,

I've sent the modules last week and they were delivered on 2 March 2005 (according to Fedex tracking system). But till now, I've yet to received any feedback from the RMA group. It has been 4 working days! :sigh!:

My RMA number R 72355.

Appreciate if you could help me to check it out. FYI, I've just e-mail rma (rma@corsairmemory.com) pertaining to this matter but just in case, I'm posting this as a backup.

Tq.

• Corsair Employee
New modules were shipped on the 4th of March. You should have got them yesterday. Please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" and ask them to track your package. Also you might check you front porch sometimes UPS will just leave the package.

New modules were shipped on the 4th of March. You should have got them yesterday. Please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" and ask them to track your package. Also you might check you front porch sometimes UPS will just leave the package.

received the item yesterday everning. UPS got some delay on it's airplane or something. Will test the sticks today.

Thanks, RAM GUY.

Great, please let me know!

tested the sticks for about more than 6hours each with memtest...flawless victory i might say...these sticks rock...especially they are TCCD...haha...thanks RAM GUY...you just make urself another happy customer...thanks again.

Archived