Corsair Community

Has iCUE removed the macro limitations of one macro at a time?

ChaosBlades

To save myself the time of switching out my peripherals can someone answer this?

I switched from Razer to Corsair then back to Razer because CUE could not run two macros at one time. For example, you have a macro that presses '1' repeatedly on toggle. While this macro is running all other macros are disabled the last time I used CUE. With Razer Synapse and literally every other macro software you can have a repeating macro and still use other macros. You can even have multiple repeating macros at one time if you choose. Last time I and others requested this feature from Corsair we were told "this is a windows limitation" even though no other macro software I have used since I first started using macros over 10 years ago had this limitation. Is this resolved in iCUE?

Not yet ahk fills the gap but not what you are looking for exactly at the moment. Thread sequenced macros like that are/can be as I understand it a fairly challenging thing to implement even though I have seen it work on Logitech well. I’m sure it is a horizon feature?

Every time we have gotten a response from Corsair on the matter that I can find we were told this was "impossible" and a "Windows Limitation". Even though I have personally never used macro software that couldn't do it and I have used a lot of macro software. So if iCUE can't do it I would not keep my hopes up. I would like to use my Corsair hardware as I think it is a little better than Razers but the CUE issues just break the deal. You even still have to manually map the Simitar thumb buttons or they just don't work. I wonder with iCUE if you still even have to create 24 macros just to get them to allow hold down key functions. I remember when I first started using CUE the check for updates function was even broken for months. :roll: Yes that is right if you had a repeating macro running to for example always trigger an ability when it was available all the thumb buttons on the scimitar went dead.

Archived