Corsair Community

Installing an ML fan into a 570x?

JoshX

Hello Corsair,

I recently bought a Crystal 570x and I've been loving it, but I have a question. I bought an H150i Pro, but decided to use the RGB fans that came with the case with the radiator. I didn't do anything with the H150i fans, but now I want to use one as a rear exhaust fan. Problem is, I can't find any screws that will grip onto the fan and the case. The case has long vertical slots for the screws to grip onto and none of the screws I've found grip onto it. I found a thread talking about something like this, and a Corsair employee recommended these: https://i.imgur.com/xadVSkc.jpg. I did find those screws, but they are too big to fit into the holes on the fan.

Does anyone know how to install these fans?

Thank you.

On radiators, you use the long 6-32 screws that easily pass through the fan and grip the radiator screw hole. The picture you linked is the typical #8 case screw. These are larger and standard across most cases. However, they can sometimes be a bit pesky to thread the first time. It usually takes some real turning and don’t be surprised to see some plastic shavings come off the fan. Usually once it has been threaded once, it is no longer so difficult.

• Corsair Employees

Hello JoshX,

c-attack gave some great advice. One thing to add is while it does take a bit of force on first install, it's best not to apply that force quickly torquing it. Apply it gently and slowly ramp up the force. This may also help avoid removing extra plastic as c-attack noted.