Corsair Community

Color Wave with 4x RGB strips animates improperly

Drakonas

I have 4x Corsair RGB Lighting Strips, that came with my lighting node pro kit, all connected in a single line. The iCUE software seemingly can't fit the 4 straight in the GUI, so it places one below the first.

http://genesis.whatbox.ca:42424/img/2018-07-10_09-44-27.gif

The problem, as you can see, is it isn't aligning the ending animation with the beginning. Is this able to be fixed? It does do this on my actual strips on my case, and it is annoying as they aren't all properly lining up when the ending color hits the end of the last strip. I have the strips in a square, you see. The last LED's of the 4th strip should lead in to the first LED's of the 1st strip.

Edited by Drakonas

That the way the predefined animations was set. It's not a strip placement or number problem. Corsair might be able to tighten up the timings a little, seems one of the effects lags behind by a few ms.

Yeah I noticed after I made the post that it was actually the timing of the effects not aligning, not so much improper animation. (It looks weird when the strips are at 90 degree angles going around my case, which is why I thought something was wrong)

the Limit is 6 strips guys ;)... once 6 are showing its all looks fine :)

That's stupid. The LNP kit only comes with 4.... why is 6 the default for seemless animations? For the longest time you couldn't even buy strips by themselves...

Not sure.. but the animation is accounting for 6 strips.. its also does it with fans when it comes to certain sequential effects.

and I agree,, at minimum they should now sell a twin pack of strips... who knows? maybe they have this planned