Corsair Community

New H115i Pro RGB concerns, RMA?

nacres

No, that looks correct.

Extreme sets the fan curve ... it doesn't set the fans to 100%. You can create a custom performance profile with the fans set to 100% if you want to verify max speed. Or create your own fan curve balancing cooling performance and noise to suit you.

As above. You don't want or need the fans to react to CPU activity. That's not how the system works. Heat is transferred from CPU to cold plate to coolant stream. The coolant stream is the dump for waste heat. The fans aid in expelling heat from the coolant loop, thus they only need to spin up faster when the coolant temperature rises and there is some heat to get rid off.

The three presets are a bit mysterious since they don't show you the fan control points. Nearly everyone is better off making their own custom curve in accordance with their room/case temperature and their noise tolerance. With a 280mm radiator, you can't overheat because you are not able to expel enough heat from the system. If you are too hot, it is voltage induced, probably with contributing aid from cheesy IHS paste. You are already at 1000/1200 rpm at your Extreme setting. You aren't going to make it any cooler with more fan speed until there is a clear rise in coolant temperature. Besides watching the iCUE app, you will also be able to see this in AIDA as the blue "CPU" temp line ticks up +1C every 1-2 minutes. I would expect a maximum rise of 5-6C on for you. After that is levels, until you build up case heat which is additive to all temperatures.

It's not always clear what to do with iCUE and fan management. To make a custom curve OR a fixed RPM or fixed % (including 100%), hit the + sign to add new cooling curve. You can set the points to whatever you want. I would suggest a quiet fan speed for to match your idle coolant temp (likely room temp +4C or so). Click on the "Cooling Mode" (it can be renamed) and then click on the fans you want to apply it to. Anytime you want the fans to run 100% or a fixed RPM, select the cooling mode and then tick the circle for fixed %. Automatic 100% speed with one click.

Edited by c-attack