Corsair Community

iCUE Slows Down My PC

SirRandall

So I bought a new system. 8700k 32GB Ram 1080ti and a 1TB SSD. Everything was working and then I installed iCUE. After that programs take like 2 min to load sometimes longer. It took me a while to figure this out. I even did a fresh install 3 times since I thought it was my windows install. When I forgot to install iCUE the system was great and everything was normal again. So when I installed iCUE the issue came back. Once I uninstalled iCUE my computer was back to full screen. Is there any issue with iCUE? I only have RGB k70 and a M65 PRO. I don't understand how this software can make my computer that slow. Is there something I can do to run this software without sacrificing load times for all my programs?

What version of iCUE? There was s high cpu usage bug on 3.3.103, but it should not have affected you with just a keyboard and mouse. This is not a common reported issue or no one would use it. It seems like an install issue, but if you are tired of troubleshooting you can try the prior version of the software CUE 2.24.50.

iCUE version 3.4.95. I don't think it is an install issue as I said I reinstalled windows 3 times fresh install. Everything is fine until I install iCUE. I did redownload the iCUE software every install so I know it can't be the installer that is bad.