Corsair Community

RGB 3 Pin data connection cable for CoPro question

SuNSe7

Hello, i want to buy "CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X RGB" using it with 6x 120 ll fans.

I will buy the fans separately w/o the hub, since the case has it.

In order for them to work with corsair link i need "Lighting Node Pro RGB " which im going to buy with the pair "Corsair CL-9011109-WW Lighting Node Pro RGB Lighting Controller with 4 Individually Addressable RGB LED Strips"

I want the use the hub coming with the case and get lighting node pro to have software control of the LED's.

The question :

36750436_1957664237600818_6197428376932712448_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=c2ef3ddfcd7beb313bfe7e68fa53aa77&oe=5BA1577C

Is the 3 pin cable included in the https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CL-9011109-WW-Controller-Individually-Addressable/dp/B01MYDTC2C/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1530890952&sr=1-1&keywords=lighting+node+pro+corsair

If its not, from where and how i can get it to make the connection from the hub to lighting node pro?

I dont think that cable is included in the set because :

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub

6. When bought on it's own you don't get the RGB 3 Pin (twin cable) data connection cable with it for connection to CoPro or NoPro

(info got from here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880)

Also saw this clip : [ame]

[/ame]

He says he didn't receive the 3 pin cable.

So.. that is my question, i hope it can be understanded, will be glad for some feedback :)

Edited by SuNSe7

Hello, i want to buy "CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X RGB" using it with 6x 120 ll fans.

I will buy the fans separately w/o the hub, since the case has it.

In order for them to work with corsair link i need "Lighting Node Pro RGB " which im going to buy with the pair "Corsair CL-9011109-WW Lighting Node Pro RGB Lighting Controller with 4 Individually Addressable RGB LED Strips"

I want the use the hub coming with the case and get lighting node pro to have software control of the LED's.

The question :

36750436_1957664237600818_6197428376932712448_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=c2ef3ddfcd7beb313bfe7e68fa53aa77&oe=5BA1577C

Is the 3 pin cable included in the https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CL-9011109-WW-Controller-Individually-Addressable/dp/B01MYDTC2C/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1530890952&sr=1-1&keywords=lighting+node+pro+corsair

If its not, from where and how i can get it to make the connection from the hub to lighting node pro?

I dont think that cable is included in the set because :

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub

6. When bought on it's own you don't get the RGB 3 Pin (twin cable) data connection cable with it for connection to CoPro or NoPro

(info got from here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880)

Also saw this clip :

He says he didn't receive the 3 pin cable.

So.. that is my question, i hope it can be understanded, will be glad for some feedback :)

You are not going to save any money buying the Fans separately vs the 3 pack and you will also be missing some components. Yes a RGB Hub is included with the 570x. The LL-120 3x Packs do come with RGB Hub as well, but also include a lighting node pro and that male to male 3 pin connector that bridges the LNP to the RGB Hub. The individual fans are more so meant as addons for someone who wants 1 or 2 extra fans. Generally the three packs are similar or less than 3x single fans, plus it comes with those extra parts.

You technically don't need the LNP kit, unless you want another LNP and the 4x strips. If you buy that you will have 3xLNPs, if you go with 2x (3xLL-120 kits). There is a good FAQ in my signature that Zotty put together.

Buy 2x (3xLL-120 kits) and you will have 2xLNP and will be able to control you fans via the iCUE or Link software.

You are not going to save any money buying the Fans separately vs the 3 pack and you will also be missing some components. Yes a RGB Hub is included with the 570x. The LL-120 3x Packs do come with RGB Hub as well, but also include a lighting node pro and that male to male 3 pin connector that bridges the LNP to the RGB Hub. The individual fans are more so meant as addons for someone who wants 1 or 2 extra fans. Generally the three packs are similar or less than 3x single fans, plus it comes with those extra parts.

You technically don't need the LNP kit, unless you want another LNP and the 4x strips. If you buy that you will have 3xLNPs, if you go with 2x (3xLL-120 kits). There is a good FAQ in my signature that Zotty put together.

Buy 2x (3xLL-120 kits) and you will have 2xLNP and will be able to control you fans via the iCUE or Link software.

Thanx for the fast response !

For some reason i didnt understand what you mean.

I don't want to play extra 30 pounds for "spare"parts" ending up with 4 hubs and 3 LNP's. 'This is the cost'difference between buying individually and 3pack.

Why do i need to buy two 3pack's when the node pro comes with the "Addressable RGB LED Strips" ? I will only connect the hub and two led strips to the two ch node pro. I know one channel is for led's and the 2nd is for the fans. Why do i need more LNP ?

ÍS that 3 pin cable included in this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CL-9011109-WW-Controller-Individually-Addressable/dp/B01MYDTC2C/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1530890952&sr=1-1&keywords=lighting+node+pro+corsair ?

Edit :

"Should you replace the stock SP RGB fans with other Corsair RGB fans you would need them on a Second RGB Fan LED Hub and you would need to Move the Logo's to port 1 of the RGB Fan LED hub it's connected to."

From reading the FAQ, i saw that, the logos are connected to the rgb hub, so i need two of them in order to work. But if there are two rgb hubs, do i need two LNP ?

Edited by SuNSe7

Depending on your location:

i.e. Newegg in the US:

$32 Single LL-120 Fan Only

$94 3x LL-120 Fans, RGB Hub, and Lighting Node Pro

So where I am buying 3 single fans, you don't get the RGB Hub or Lighting Node Pro, and you pay $2 more overall. Though if you are in the UK and the 3xSingle pack is $30 cheaper than the 3xCombo back, then you options will differ.

If you buy the LNP + 4 strips or the LL-120 3 pack, you will get the 3pin cable.

The SP-120 RGB fans and logo use a different type of LED than the LL-120s. If you want to use the SP-120s, you will have to use a 1 port on LNP to control it via software.

You need to figure out what exactly what you want, as that will dramaticly change your needs.

1) Do you want RGB Strips

2) Do you want 6xLL-120s

3) Do you have a RGB Logo on your case and do you want to use that and reuse the SP-120s?

4) How many USB2.0 headers do you have on your motherboard?

How much do the following cost where you live:

1) LL-120 Fan Only

2) 3xLL-120 Pack

4) Lighting Node Pro w/ LED Strips

5) Commander Pro

Please answer my questions and I can help you better.

By the way, if you look at my signature, you'll see a link that provides you with everything you need to make the cables.

You can also go cheap and get 2 24AWG female jumper cables and just hook them to pins 2 and 3. It's a jury rig but others have made it work.

1) Do you want RGB Strips - Yes

2) Do you want 6xLL-120s - yes

3) Do you have a RGB Logo on your case and do you want to use that and reuse the SP-120s? - I want to use only the logo.

4) How many USB2.0 headers do you have on your motherboard? - 2x

How much do the following cost where you live:

1) LL-120 Fan Only - £21.99

2) 3xLL-120 Pack - £75.61

4) Lighting Node Pro w/ LED Strips - £44.06

5) Commander Pro - £54.99

So ...

You will need a total of 3 RGB channels and 2 Fan hubs.

1 channel will be for the RGB Strips.

1 channel will be for the 6 LL fans

1 channel will be for the RGB Logo.

1 Fan Hub for the 6 LL fans.

1 Fan Hub for the logo.

Since you already have 1 fan hub, you'll need:

1 3xLL-120 Pack

3 1xLL-120

1 NoPro + Strips

This way you'll have both fan hubs and the 3 required channels. You'll have one channel open for future LED expansion.

I honestly don't recall if the 3x LL-120 pack comes with 2 fan hub connectors or only 1. I'm fairly certain that the Commander Pro does come with 2. As I mentioned, you can make your own cables. Or you can use jumper cables like those used for IoT prototyping with RasPi or Arduino; they will need to be female-female cables. Now, that won't be a tight, secure connection like the ones from the Corsair cables but it'll work.

So ...

You will need a total of 3 RGB channels and 2 Fan hubs.

1 channel will be for the RGB Strips.

1 channel will be for the 6 LL fans

1 channel will be for the RGB Logo.

1 Fan Hub for the 6 LL fans.

1 Fan Hub for the logo.

Since you already have 1 fan hub, you'll need:

1 3xLL-120 Pack

3 1xLL-120

1 NoPro + Strips

This way you'll have both fan hubs and the 3 required channels. You'll have one channel open for future LED expansion.

I honestly don't recall if the 3x LL-120 pack comes with 2 fan hub connectors or only 1. I'm fairly certain that the Commander Pro does come with 2. As I mentioned, you can make your own cables. Or you can use jumper cables like those used for IoT prototyping with RasPi or Arduino; they will need to be female-female cables. Now, that won't be a tight, secure connection like the ones from the Corsair cables but it'll work.

Exactly what I was going to say. He will 2 or 3 of the 3pin connectors. He should be all set for his LED requirements, thanks for following this up!

• Confused 1