Corsair Community

H115i pump speed issue

EDK-OverVolt

i fixed pump @ max via corsair link a year ago. currently i noticed speed of pump, 1450rpm via MB fan drop to low value like 1160rpm or 600rpm but from corsair link is about fixed value around 2940 rpm. before this issue motherboard always shows 1450 rpm. is pump dying?

http://uupload.ir/files/m4e2_pump.png

Edited by EDK-OverVolt

Coolant temperature is a bit high. What were you doing during that screen shot? (Or just before).

my room is hot so i think coolant temperature is normal. i played one hour BF1 multiplayer. max CPU temperature was 72 degree Centigrade.

Oh ... wait one second.

Are you using Link and HWMonitor to read the values at the same time? (Both are running).

If so, that's gonna cause spurious readings and may crash the driver. These devices operate in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only on app connecting to them at a time.

Oh ... wait one second.

Are you using Link and HWMonitor to read the values at the same time? (Both are running).

If so, that's gonna cause spurious readings and may crash the driver. These devices operate in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only on app connecting to them at a time.

No, i did not use corsair link and hwinfo @ same time. even i uninstalled corsair link application several month ago.

The point being made is pump speed readings are imperfect. It is not actually reading revolutions per minute and and then showing you a result. It would need to read for a full minute and give you a count. Instead it is predicting at 1 second intervals (or more in some programs). Because of the high value in question (about 3000), the slightest little difference is going to be registered as a decent sized pump speed change in the data, rather than a deliberate or actual pump speed change by device. The reads are imperfect and you see this in the differences between the two "programs" (BIOS for CPU Fan 2 and AIDA). We mathematically can figure out how much physical position difference there is between 2960 and 2930 rpm, but it is going to a fraction of a millimeter. All of which is a long winded way of saying don't take every dip and twist at face value. It's not meaningful until there is a substantial change. As originally suggested, seeing a minimum slightly under could simply be a bad read. I would be more concerned is you start to routinely see dramatically lower minimums or the steady polling goes from the normal 29xx, 29xx, 29xx to something more like 2900, 2600, 3000,2800, 3100. If you see that much variability, there are questions to be asked.

OK, after a long gaming session in a high CPU/GPU combo that coolant temp makes sense and it is consistent with your other temp values I can see in the data. Abnormally high idle coolant temp is going to be your best predictor if something is wrong. Figure out what your normal (pre-game/load) resting coolant temp is in relation to room/case temperature. Most people are +4-7C above the room temp, depending on case configuration and CPU model. Not surprisingly, the 18 core CPU will run a touch warmer at idle.

Most people who run into a cooler issue will hear (weird noises) or see the problem in temperature terms long before any change in pump speed is detected -- unless of course it is zero. You will only drive yourself crazy staring at the pump speed.

i checked pumpfan in bios. i noticed it drops from 1450 rpm to 1160 then go back 1450 and after seconds it repeated .i changed the connector of pump to fan3. it happened same thing. i flashed several bios version and clear cmos.i changed sata power connector. the issue is still exist. Edited by EDK-OverVolt

Since the BIOS registers half the actual pump speed, those changes from 1450 to 1160 are really a 600 rpm shift. That is enough to be audible. If your pump is really doing this, there should a be rise and fall in tone (with fans very low or off). Of course, that's if it is actually doing this. The direct reading from the device don't match.

I would go back and take an evaluation of your idle coolant temp (no post load) to see if you are within normal bounds (+4-7C over room temp). This is usually the first sign of actual trouble.

And it still is not reflected in the H115i Device pump reading or in the motherboard header average. Again, the statistical average suggests a glitched read not a reoccurring event. Double click on the line in HWINFO to make a pop up graph appear. That should give you more insight into how often the supposed drop happens. I would then compare it with the designated H115i pump graph.

And it still is not reflected in the H115i Device pump reading or in the motherboard header average. Again, the statistical average suggests a glitched read not a reoccurring event. Double click on the line in HWINFO to make a pop up graph appear. That should give you more insight into how often the supposed drop happens. I would then compare it with the designated H115i pump graph.

http://uupload.ir/files/9vnb_capture3.jpg

OK, I let my H115i PRO run for an hour through various tasks and my graph is essentially perfect with a +-30 variance. You may wish to contact Corsair Tech support and see what they say.

However, there is still one aspect I don't quite understand. I am not able to get HWINFO to read my H115i PRO unless I have the Corsair Service (from either Link or iCUE) running in the background. The actual application (Link/iCUE) should not be running as that will surely cause conflicts. The original supposition was this looks like a sensor conflict and certainly the two graphs don't match or even really close. If you uninstalled Link/iCUE sometime ago, how is your HWINFO able to read it without the service? When I try it without the service, I get zeros. I suppose the prior H115i may interface in a different way than its successor, but it would be a shame to waste all time and expense of a RMA when it was software conflict.

OK, I let my H115i PRO run for an hour through various tasks and my graph is essentially perfect with a +-30 variance. You may wish to contact Corsair Tech support and see what they say.

However, there is still one aspect I don't quite understand. I am not able to get HWINFO to read my H115i PRO unless I have the Corsair Service (from either Link or iCUE) running in the background. The actual application (Link/iCUE) should not be running as that will surely cause conflicts. The original supposition was this looks like a sensor conflict and certainly the two graphs don't match or even really close. If you uninstalled Link/iCUE sometime ago, how is your HWINFO able to read it without the service? When I try it without the service, I get zeros. I suppose the prior H115i may interface in a different way than its successor, but it would be a shame to waste all time and expense of a RMA when it was software conflict.

when i installed corsair link app in windows, it installed usb drvier also. after that hwinfo read sensor of h115i and it don't need to corasir link app anymore so i uninstalled corsair link app. i think new product like h115i pro needs to icue is running in background for read sensors.

two graphs are started in delay some milliseconds so this is not issue.

Go ahead a contact support. Every time you post a data table, I see this 37C minimum coolant temp. While you can certainly get there under load in Summertime, it is starting to look like that is the cool idle minimum. As mentioned earlier, temperature change is usually a better indicator something is wrong. When wake from sleep or cold boot the PC, what is the H115i Temp? How does this compare to room temp? In a 25C room, I would expect the coolant to be no more than 29C in this state. Heat management and airflow issues don’t show until you have been up and running for a while.