Corsair Community

Watercool build for Corsair 540

danteafk

Hi folks, I'm looking to build my first custom watercool setup and I have the aforementioned case.

Where would I install the reservoir? Looking to buy the Heatkiller Tube which has the following dimension: 70 x 70 x 277.3 mm

And how would I mound it? Id don't see any wholes to use the basic mounting kit with its screws?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Hi folks, I'm looking to build my first custom watercool setup and I have the aforementioned case.

Where would I install the reservoir? Looking to buy the Heatkiller Tube which has the following dimension: 70 x 70 x 277.3 mm

And how would I mound it? Id don't see any wholes to use the basic mounting kit with its screws?

Thanks

good to see a fellow builder getting started on their first custom loop (:

the reservoir generally has a bracket (some sold separately) that allow you to mount the reservoir to a radiator. However, for most builders they generally like to be able to pick their own mounting location. Which mean, you need to drill holes.

Hope that help!

You can also skim through the Air 540 Owners' Thread. Not all of them are custom loops, but it will show you what people have done and possible give you some ideas. Some people go skinny and try and fit it against the back wall below the rear exhaust. Probably a lot easier (mounting wise) to use a horizontal tube across the bottom, doubling as a shield for the open HDD drive space. Of course filling the horizontal is another story. I prefer to mount it in the PSU side of the case and run the tubes back in. Not everyone likes that since you can't see the pump.

Maybe start toward the bac\k.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=126243

Here is the one I like. Even in my dreams my builds are not this clean.

Edited by c-attack

Just Googling "corsair 540 custom loop" and looking at the images helps a lot and gives you ideas. Building a custom loop in smaller cases does have a lot of challenges, so put a lot of thought into what you do as you might not get certain things to fit.